Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Which ever you like the feel of better I like the Drake ones just haven't got a pair yet . If your a big guy their not for ya cause they fit snug . Lacrosse has been tried and tested for years . I got a pair of big ditch and it'll be the last thing I have from there cause their Customer service isn't what it use to be . I'll stick with Hays

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter which brand you buy, after one tromp through the swamp, a mis-step putting them on in the dark, they're all gonna leak. I just coated the seams of mine today in goo to put off buying a new pair til next year.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter which brand you buy, after one tromp through the swamp, a mis-step putting them on in the dark, they're all gonna leak. I just coated the seams of mine today in goo to put off buying a new pair til next year.
This is a true statement. If someone says they've been everywhere and their waders don't leak... they're lying a/b something.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I still don't understand why they don't come from the factory with a heavy strip of sealant (both inside and out) along the seams. Seems like this would prolong the leaking imo. I mean they stitch a thousand holes in them to sew the legs together and leave them uncovered??

·
Registered
239 Posts
Go with lacrosse in the last three years I've been through 2 pair of drake waders a 2 pair of macks waders I have bought a pair of lacrosse a couple of weeks ago and I have been very impressed with them so far. All the store brands are all made by itacha.

·
Premium Member
28,306 Posts
$120 pair of lacrosse - two years life if you are lucky
$$220 pair of Itasca - two years life if you are lucky
$320 pair of Drake - two years life if you are lucky

I am on my third year with some Itasca's and wearing rain pants to keep my crotch dry. There is no such thing as a good pair of waders - maybe if you are hunting a pit in a rice field - but not if you are bustin brush on public land.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I just bought a pair of Ft Thompson's a couple of weeks ago and have only worn them five times, but dang I like them. No leaks and very warm. I asked the lady helping me who makes theirs and she told me Itasca. 5mm, 1400g, great pockets...shell loops, wader belt, velcro and snap buckles on the shoulder straps, Natgear. They have a strip of sealant on the inside of all the seams. Ft Thompson has a website now if you want to check them out. They're just like Mack's.....the logo is the only difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cabela's 1600 thinsulate. Only one pair of smart wool socks needed. I bought new pair three years ago. My same style pair from 8 years ago is being worn by my 18 year old son still. Yes I have aqua sealed the crotch of both pair to stop the leaking but I am rough on waders. I can not say anything bad about the ones you are considering but for me the Cabela's 1600 would be a wide choice.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts