Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to hunting Cherokee wma near rosebud/Hopewell. I’ve been out a few times scouting. I saw some sign here and there can anyone give me some advice about this piece and is there only one way in there as well? Thanks in advance anyone that can help me out.

·
Registered
423 Posts
If you are talking the Hopewell area there is only one access and you will have to cross the creek so pay attention if there have been much rain. The south side is accessed through private property. Decent guy but the usual suspects leave his gate open so he can be understandably testy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most of the time I stay all day and hunt as late as I can. I saw a lot of good tracks and sign. Thanks again to y’all for the information I was able to get. I did only see the one entrance in and out. I did see two pull offs in the north side of the wma. Do you guys know if we can use them to enter and exit. Do you know if you can camp on this particular wma. I didn’t see any designated areas but was told by a random that you could.

·
Registered
423 Posts
People do camp on it. There used to a be a big camp there and they hunt the whole thing and they own or control some of the surrounding private ground. Don't know how active they still are or if they still camp there. A lot of people ride horses there and park just where you enter the north side. Several deer leases on other timber company land that joins it that is hunted very hard with overlap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reading the other post and catching some attitude this last weekend from some random folks up there on the wma I think I’m gonna be looking else where. Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions for a place to hunt with the opportunity to camp out a few weekends throughout the season. I’m located in the mount Vernon area. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes it was a gentlemen on a side by side. He lives close because we saw him at his house up the road on our way out. The folks that we did see riding around the first time were pretty informative of how to get around.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts