Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
Years ago a coworker of mine shot a deer that had been shot sometime before and was all infected and nasty. He went to the check station and a WLO there told him not to eat it, but, he had to tag it. I'd say they expect you to tag yours as well.

·
Registered
31,140 Posts
Sorry but I'm disagreeing here...if it's a doe and I cant consume it then it's not getting a tag...if it's a buck and I'm taking the rack then yes definitely.
Just a question, but why should a doe get any different than a buck would? Just because she doesn't have any horns?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Yeah if I recover it, I'm tagging it. I feel like everyone else should too. In many states and with many outfitters, you draw blood and your tag is spent. Ask uncle Ted, LOL

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Should be tagged. I know a guy that got a citation over such as this. Doe or buck, it's still a deer. If you took the time to shoot at it and kill it, you are suppose to tag it.
Why is it spoiled? Too hot to be hunting? If you don't make a great shot right now, if you leave it over night, the deer is ruined. That's why I'm waiting til it gets cooler.
No sense in wasting meat.

·
Premium Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Win
10,513 Posts
We have a 4 deer limit at our camp. If you shoot one and you know it's gonna die that that's 1 of your 4 even if you don't recover it. But yes you should tag it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.