Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This photo was sent from a friend of mine who lives not far from where the wife and I Turkey hunted last spring around Custer SD,we are heading back again this spring but it sure makes for a interesting walk thru them pines before daylight knowing these critters are around!!:smack:

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Buba hows everthang goin??
John I agree with you they are out there and I will leave it at that:cool:Been there done that:smack: I been absolutely covered up with work- I feel like a cat trying to cover up crap on a tin roof:smack:I have been working in the Photo industry for 36 years and as bad as I hate to admit it my career is probably about to end- digital is changing everything and us Old Farts aint as valuable as we once was, although I am growing my fingernails out and trying to hold on time will tell! It is hard going from a Expert to a idiot in a very short time!

·
Super Moderator
9,908 Posts
This photo was sent from a friend of mine who lives not far from where the wife and I Turkey hunted last spring around Custer SD,we are heading back again this spring but it sure makes for a interesting walk thru them pines before daylight knowing these critters are around!!:smack:
Actually, I don't see the defined "long, thick, tail" and I think I can make out some faint spots on it...

Those are definately bobcats.

:clap: :fit: :fit:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Those are NOT bobcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the size of the cats, then look at the size of the deer. If you got bobcats like that up there in MO, Im on my way. I will bring my elephant gun. If your bobcats are that big I cant wait to see the size of the deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::fit:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yep they actually do live up there :up: just not in AR
Black panther sightings outnumber the others by more than a 2-1 ratio.

Trouble is, there’s no such thing as a black panther.

from an article i found a few weeks ago

"Never in history has there been any evidence of a so-called black panther or black cougar," Peterson said. "There has never been one killed, captured or even photographed anywhere in the world. But when someone calls in claiming to have seen a black panther in west Tennessee, you can’t talk them out of it. They’re usually convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt that’s what they’ve seen."

Peterson said many animals could be responsible for the so-called black panther sightings, including large dogs, bobcats, coyotes and even river otters. He used to tell callers to shoot the animal and bring in its carcass for proof. But after inspecting the carcasses of two large, black house cats, he decided that wasn’t the best idea.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Those are NOT bobcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the size of the cats, then look at the size of the deer. If you got bobcats like that up there in MO, Im on my way. I will bring my elephant gun. If your bobcats are that big I cant wait to see the size of the deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::fit:
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic with that comment due to AGFC being adamant that there are no mountain lions in Arkansas.

·
Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
660 Posts
When I lived in the Black Hills of SD they wouldn't OK a Mt. Lion season. But then the cats were coming into populated areas. One lady was out she had one Jack Russel in her arms and another on a leash. The cat came up and grabed the dog on the leash. The lady screamed, the cat just sat up on a ledge and watched her.

Another story in the newspaper, a worker from the humane society had a basement full of stray cats. A lion got in the basement and had a feast. That was right in the town of Spearfish.

After that they opened up a season

·
Registered
248 Posts
Would you happen to have any pictures that show their eyes:cool:? That dead dear looks like its been laying a long time and been chewed on for several days. I'm no biologist, but don't most mountain lions will make a kill, gorg and then leave the rest. Also, those all look to large to be cubs with a female. I'm not trying to say it ain't true. I'm just saying I'm a bit :skeptical: curios to know if your friend isn't pulling your leg.:head:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.