Cheapest place for 7.62x54 ammo?

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by Chris72941, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Chris72941

Chris72941 Well-Known Member

I do not need high end ammo because I just go out from time to time and shoot the cannon(1943 Mossin Nagant from Tula Russia)

2. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

Check around some local sporting goods shops. I found some at Searcy for $8.00 for 20 rounds. Alot cheaper than the $25 that I paid for WWB ammo.

3. BEERHUNTER

BEERHUNTER Well-Known Member

i bought a case from cheaper than dirt.com came out to less than 3 dollars a box

4. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

Now that's a deal! :biggrin:

5. Eb1

Eb1 Well-Known Member

in little rock call don's weaponry. they have it for like 3.75 a box i think.

6. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

What brands are you guys talking about for that cheap, and what grain? I also have a Mosin-Nagant that I got from a guy at work, and now that my deer season is over, I would like to start fixin' her up a lil'. :) I got a stock from Choates in Bald Knob, sling, I am going to leave the the sights open on it, but I would like to know what grain of bullet the sights are set up for. Thanks
    f909

7. Eb1

Eb1 Well-Known Member

I would figure 180 grain range. You just have to shoot it to find out what the sites are setup for.

8. CR

CR Well-Known Member

If you want some good cheap surplus ammo for shooting, I bought a 440 round case of the Russian surplus 7.62x54R from AIM Surplus (about 15 cents a round). It all goes bang, and groups pretty well too. It's corrosive, so you have to clean your rifle after you shoot it, just treat it like a muzzleloader.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_7_62x54R.html