Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
It changes from time to time
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a cheap 2nd climber. I will use it on private land. It won't be moved much.

Is there a better deal out there than the Summit Viper Classic at $180???

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You get what you pay for, and IMHO, Summit makes the best! To get cheaper you're getting into heavy a$$ steel and uncomfortble!:banghead:

Often times in life it's best to bite the bullet and buy the good stuff, because you won't be wishing you did later on and you will not have wasted the money....... And STILL not have what you really need!

·
Registered
It changes from time to time
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up a Viper Classic for $149 at Ft Thompson a few weeks ago. They said they have some more in stock.
I know it's a steel stand and weighs 30 lbs. Since I'm not moving it much, that doesn't matter. Any other issues with it?

$180 is the Academy price locally.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I read the specs and compared the Classic and the Viper. The classic said 26lbs where the Viper Crush edition was 22. The crush has the footrest and the classic doesnt. Everything else is the same. If you can get one for $149 and the Viper Crush edition is on sale at BPS for $269, for me 4 lbs aint worth $120.

·
Registered
31,144 Posts
I read the specs and compared the Classic and the Viper. The classic said 26lbs where the Viper Crush edition was 22. The crush has the footrest and the classic doesnt. Everything else is the same. If you can get one for $149 and the Viper Crush edition is on sale at BPS for $269, for me 4 lbs aint worth $120.
You can add a footrest to any of the summit stands for like $30-$40 IIRC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.