Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have one or heard any positives or negatives about this
shotgun. I am looking for a youth 20 gauge for rabbit hunting and really don't
want to spend a lot of money considering it probably won't see a lot of use.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't own one my self but I have 2 co-workers that do. One has a two 20 GA. auto loaders one for his wife and one for his son. He swears by them to be the best auto on the market for the money. The other has a 31/2 12 GA. pump he is also very happy with his. I wouldn't be afraid to buy one

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
Around here we call them Charles Maybe shotguns.
Some people have them and swear by them and others have had them but wouldn't give you a nickel for another one.
I have no personal experience with the autos but have shot a 20ga. pump. It was a sweet feeling gun and the action was fairly smooth but several of us shot it and all of us seemed to hit low. It only stayed at the house one weekend and got swapped for something else.
Personally, I got a used but in mint. condition 20ga. 870 pump for $175 last year and I wouldn't trade it for nothing.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the comments. My wife has a 870 20 gauge youth I bought her for a V-Day present. I have been borrowing it. It is definately a sweet gun and I may just get another.

I keep hearing how Remington's quality is going down the tube due to having foreigners make there stuff and stamping the Remington name on it. I thought I would shop a few other brands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.