Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many people had others park within 20 feet of where they are parked? I will never understand why a person will park beside you and then walk right over the middle of where you are, don't know if they are just young and dumb or just dumb. I know it is public land, but if someone beats me to my spot, I go somewhere else. If you read this and you drive a black crewcab truck with all those stickers in your back window, then yes it is you that I speak of. I have had people actually climb a tree within 10 yards of mine while I was in it, actually it was 2 dorks that climbed the same tree at the same time:smack: I am a easy going guy but this pushes me to the limit, DON'T PARK ON TOP OF OTHERS AND THEN WALK IN ON THEM............. go down the road and find other spots, or get there early and I will go somewhere down the road.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br
443 Posts
I've never understood that either. I've had people walk right underneath me to get to their spot, knowing the entire time I was there. No attempt at all to even walk around me.
Even as crowded as Chaffee is, I've never parked right by someone unless they were there and I could ask them which direction they were heading. I figure if they get their first, then I need to go somewhere else.
That's part of the reason I haven't been out there yet. Figure I'll let things settle down a little first.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I don't really have a problem with someone else parking where I park on public land. When I used to hunt the Hurricane WMA there were spots that would have 8 or 10 vehicles parked at one time. You can access a lot of real estate from one parking spot. Now if you ask have I ever accidentally set up on top of someone? Yes, but I make every effort to avoid it and if I do give me a whistle or flash your light and I'll go the other way as quick and quiet as I can. What burns me up is to have someone set up on you and when you let them know your there they just set up anyway or worse move around to deliberately cut you off.:mad: Public land will always have this problem and it is just a matter of having respect for your fellow hunter.:thumb:

·
Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
130 Posts
I am yet to even renew my permit out there for the same reason. During the gun hunt two years ago I had 4 guys come in on me on Bean Ridge (headed for the same tree I think). I was so mad I sounded like a mack truck walking out of the woods.

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
I don't really have a problem with someone else parking where I park on public land. When I used to hunt the Hurricane WMA there were spots that would have 8 or 10 vehicles parked at one time. You can access a lot of real estate from one parking spot. Now if you ask have I ever accidentally set up on top of someone? Yes, but I make every effort to avoid it and if I do give me a whistle or flash your light and I'll go the other way as quick and quiet as I can. What burns me up is to have someone set up on you and when you let them know your there they just set up anyway or worse move around to deliberately cut you off.:mad: Public land will always have this problem and it is just a matter of having respect for your fellow hunter.:thumb:
Yep I know what you mean. I had hunted an area for 3 years straight and I had my stand hung for a day or so, then hunted it on Saturday morning, evening and Sunday morning then pulled my stand to try another spot that afternoon. Well, I didn't like it so I took my stand back to the other spot and climbed up Monday morning well before day light. Well, it gets light and there is a stand on a tree no joke 15 feet from my tree! I started looking around and here comes a light through the woods. Well, since he was there first that morning (actually his stand was there first but I was the first person) I climbed down and met him when he walked by and told him I was sorry and I had been hunting that spot all weekend and pulled my stand the morning before. I told him to go ahead and hunt it since he was there first. I also told him where I had seen deer come from. I got my stand off the tree quietly and left. I hated it, but you have to be respectful to others. We are all out there for the same reason! :up:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have some areas that I count on other hunters to push the deer to me, but to walk right over me, no. This was on the corner of a closed area and private land, he knew where I was, this is a small piece of land, not enough room for everyone.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
In a case like that I can understand you being mad. Like ArkArcher said in his story we're going to bump into one another in the woods from time to time and if we treat others with the same respect as we expect to be treated it doesn't have to be a bad experience.:biggrin:I bet that guy was actually glad he ran into you in the woods that morning AA.:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.