Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve called two different taxidermist here in central arkansas for pricing on a whitetail shoulder mount. Both are very similar in price but require 100% down. This seems kinda crazy to me since they get my deer and all the cash before I receive anything in return. Looking for any recommendations or reputable taxidermist to use. True nature no longer does whitetail mounts eother.

·
Administrator
73,807 Posts
I can see two things. One, they have materials involved and they helps cover the materials cost. Two, it also guarantees you’ll come back and get your deer and they aren’t stuck with a deer when you kill a bigger one after you’ve dropped this one off.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The last time I put money down on a mount, the guy got back on meth and took off... the next time I saw him was on 7 on your side. Did you try extreme in rosebud?

·
Member<br>2016 Turkey Contest Team Winner<br>
2,751 Posts
Try Sean Mcutcheon out of Glen Rose, IMO he's the best you'll find in central AR. He's done a few for me, only requires half down and the rest upon completion. He was backed up several months the last time I was going to take him one so I took it to another guy out of Malvern. I'm not going to bad mouth that dude on here but I paid in full plus $100 to get it done before the Big Buck Classic. He guaranteed me he'd have it done within a month (I dropped it off Oct 28th) he kept giving me the run-around and I ended up picking up just the rack the day before he Classic. I went back to him a few days later and told him to keep the $100 and I'd just take my cape and rack to someone else. He got all pissy and said he'd have it ready in 2 weeks, a month later I was finally able to pick up the worst mount I've ever gotten of a once in a lifetime buck. I'll never take another buck to anyone but Sean, if anyone is considering a taxidermist out of Malvern shoot me a PM and I'll give you the name of the guy not to take it to.

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Kerry Tabor. Taxidermy-Unlimited in Beebe. It’s been a few years, but he did not require 100% up front on the mount he did for me. He may now, IDK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts