Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
31,901 Posts
Say hello to Wild Goose folks. Course, they probably weren't born last time I was there. LOL. Cross that bridge over the canal, go a few miles, maybe Nady Road (?).... there's a red brick church on the left. Pull in to the right of that church, drive back a good ways to a cow pasture. We camped in that pasture, although Gifford had a house and dog pens there. Hunted 300 acres of close to virgin hardwood on past that. That was the 2nd place we hunted. Moved there when AGFC bought all that land and made Trusten Holder.

Back up and go down what I think I remember as "Wild Goose Lane" to the big parking lot. Been a long time. Right at that parking lot, look across the White to the far bank. Go across river, get off at that bank, walk a few feet and there was an old huge houseboat tied up on land except in flooding. That was the first deer camp. Somehow that is either close or smack dab in Trusten Holder. But it was private back then. Dozens of long established deer camps. The story of how AGFC got that land still sticks in my craw. My geography and memory may be off some. But I could go down there again I think and find it. Heck, I may do that someday.

Reactions: R6mm

· Registered
31,901 Posts
White Goose store not there anymore?

Crazy memory. I have an old 14' flatbottom down at the farm. My late Father in Law grabbed me one hot day in deer camp and we took that boat (6 horse evinrude) from that parking lot to the Mississippi. Immediately turned around and came back. Not sure how we had enough gas. Crazy trip but I got to see a lot of stuff that day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts