Catfish bitin

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Fred Carnes, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Fred Carnes

Fred Carnes Well-Known Member

My bud has been going to Kerr Lake in OK. and catching big ole catfish. He brought home 30 blues the other day up to 20 lbs on rod and reel. I am taking off a day of work tomorrow and going over there to help him out a little. His friends caught 82 blues last week from 3-22 lbs on rod and reel. I will give a report when I get back.

2. Scritch

Scritch Well-Known Member

Sounds good:up:
    Keep us updated

3. Levi

Levi Well-Known Member

that sounds great.........:clap:

4. It took a while to find the good ones, but we ended up with 27 catfish between 3-8 lbs yesterday. The little channel cat had took over the deep water, we finally found the blues in 17 ft of water. We missed getting our limits by 3 fish. It was a good day on the water, there was no wind and temps about 40 degrees all day. No big fish were hooked, but the ones we brought home are good eaters.

5. green_head_getter

green_head_getter Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner

Reckon jugs would be good?

6. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

No doubt...I have caught good catfish on yo-yos in December. I take crappie hook off and replace with treble hook. Bait it with chicken or turkey liver, then pull out as much line you can, string it out and drop. One night we caught 8 about 3-6lbs in river lakes. Really good when river is down.:up: