Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
I went with my brother Saturday night....we had 5 by 10:15pm and had 7 when we called it a night at 2:30am.....but that's not bad considering we were doing it all with a fishing pole and no gig or net! :thumb:

I love frog huntin' second only to deer hunting. :biggrin:

.270Win

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
My son Micah has been doing pretty good every evening with his bow in taking some real jumbo bullfrogs. He has been averaging about 6 a evening since season has come in. I went with him one eveing and shot 3 with my bow. Micah is a ace though rarely missing any with his bow.
Micah has always enjoyed going after frogs during this time of year. A couple years ago we switched from gigging them to taking them with our bows and enjoy this much more and improves our shooting.
We use standard carbon arrows equipped with a bow fishing point with 8/32 threads so that they screw into standard inserts. This allows us to retrieve the arrow and the frog not slipping off the arrow. Then we unscrew the from insert and slide the frog off the arrow and screw the point back on for another shot.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
CDay, are you doing this shooting from a boat or from the turck on gravel roads? I would like to shoot some but think I would ruin a lot of arrows shooting them in the run off ditches along the roads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.