Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid cat. But they do stuff like that.

tongue is swollen but he seems to be ok otherwise. He's kinda laying off in the corner of the bathroom and don't want no attention. Breathing is fine, doesn't seem to be laboring or anything, just swollen tongue and probably hurting. Don't see any hives, no drooling, no runs, no puking and doesn't seem to be dizzy--just hurting.

I gave him a 1/2 pill of benadryl and it seems to be working, he ain't hollering anymore just kinda tired. Anything else I need to do?

·
Super Moderator
6,553 Posts
Benadryl was the right call. Dosage we use is about 1mg/lb so 1/2 a tab is 12.5mg. It will help and often will make them drowsy. If kitty is breathing well and not stressed...just let her nap.
She likely won't learn from the experience ;-)

·
Registered
106 Posts
...no drooling, no runs, no puking and doesn't seem to be dizzy--just hurting.

I gave him a 1/2 pill of benadryl and it seems to be working, he ain't hollering anymore just kinda tired. Anything else I need to do?
If I could go one day without my wife’s cat doing one or all of these things I’m buying a lottery ticket.

she’s never eaten a flying jalapeño before, but my barber’s pit bull did the other day, and his face was so swollen and droopy. Didn’t seemed to phase him tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts