Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
87,179 Posts
I have used Hornady One Shot and had good luck with it. I have since gone to the Dillon Spray Lube and really like it. I'll continue to use the Dillon spray. It's a pump spray, and a little goes a long way.

·
Administrator
87,179 Posts
I usually load rifle cases in 100 round lots. I put 100 cases in a tupperware bowl, give it about 2 squirts of lube and put the top on and shake the bowl for a few seconds. The lube gets distributed on the cases and they are ready for the sizer die.

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
The easy stuff is the "one shot" spray can. I used to roll cases around on the rug thing and get goo all over everything, but the spray will set you free!
I use the same stuff. It's pretty easy to deal with and does a good job.

I usually load rifle cases in 100 round lots. I put 100 cases in a tupperware bowl, give it about 2 squirts of lube and put the top on and shake the bowl for a few seconds. The lube gets distributed on the cases and they are ready for the sizer die.
Sound like that would be better. I'll have to try that when I run out of the one shot.

Do you spray the lube inside the case to lube the neck sizer? I tumble mine after sizing so I don't figure it hurts anything, and they size a lot easier that way.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I started out using the One-Shot, but now I strictly use Imperial Sizing Die Wax. It comes in a little tin, and it doesn't take much. It doesn't dry, you can work at your own pace, and it doesn't get all over everything else when you spray. I just rub my palm across the top of the wax once for every 5-10 cases I lube, and roll a bunch between my palms for a sec or 2 before sizing. I've resized probably 800-1000 rounds of various rifle brass, and I've hardly made a dent in my little tub of wax.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I started out using the One-Shot, but now I strictly use Imperial Sizing Die Wax. It comes in a little tin, and it doesn't take much. It doesn't dry, you can work at your own pace, and it doesn't get all over everything else when you spray. I just rub my palm across the top of the wax once for every 5-10 cases I lube, and roll a bunch between my palms for a sec or 2 before sizing. I've resized probably 800-1000 rounds of various rifle brass, and I've hardly made a dent in my little tub of wax.
I used to use Imperial Die Wax when I worked in a machine shop, that stuff is killer! I hadn't thought about it in years, where do you get yours?

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I picked mine up at MidwayUSA when I first bought my Rockchucker about 5 years ago. Hardly made a dent in that tin, and have plenty left to do a few 1000 more rounds!

I always thought Imperial die wax was an industrial product and never thought about getting it at Midway. I'm just now starting to figure out how to navigate Midway's web site, I often just pick up the phone and ask....that's what I'll do. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.