Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was blessed early this season with a doe but dang it man! This year has just been awful for me. Granted they did do two huge cuts around my stands. I believe that has been a substantial factor. Almost all pics are at night. What gets me is 300 acres away has still been ok at best. I think we've had 15 taken all season. It's usually at least 25 by now. I just hope to get one more before it's over. Ok rant complete lol

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
What zone are you hunting in? I guess my season was about like last year. Pretty poor far as number of deer seen but quality of what I saw was good. Maybe not a fair year to compare notes on for me because I missed some of the days planned to hunt due to weather and other things that came up. Pretty bad to have limited days away from work and then it rains half of those. I hunted the rain a few days but I usually do better on days after it stops than during the storm so no suprise that those days were soggy wasted days.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,567 Posts
I count myself blessed this year, I'm on 50 acres with a village of folks on a county road to my east, and a 2-lane blactop highway to my west...If I had shot every deer I saw, it would've put me at least 20 over my limit. I finally picked out 3 that were fat and healthy, and filled my 3 freezers up. I wanted to take out another one, but had no room to put it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.