Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently working 12 hour shifts and we have been told not to expect a day off for the rest of the month. Goodbye turkey hunting.
I don't have a problem with working for a living and I don't even mind overtime but that is rediculous. There are a lot of things in my life that are very important to me. Turkey hunting is one but time with my family tops the list. I just have a hard time repecting someone who tells me that I have to work all the time. It may be time to start looking if this trend continues.
I have been told by people from around the world that Americans work too much and spend too little time with thier family. I believe that.

·
Registered
14,536 Posts
That sucks!!!
I think if I was you, I'd look into taking some of that over time $ and plan a trip to a state that has a later season. Kansas goes really late into May. MO goes to the second week. If that doesnt work, the northern states go til Memorial Day.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
I am currently working 12 hour shifts and we have been told not to expect a day off for the rest of the month. Goodbye turkey hunting.
I don't have a problem with working for a living and I don't even mind overtime but that is rediculous. There are a lot of things in my life that are very important to me. Turkey hunting is one but time with my family tops the list. I just have a hard time repecting someone who tells me that I have to work all the time. It may be time to start looking if this trend continues.
I have been told by people from around the world that Americans work too much and spend too little time with thier family. I believe that.
Everything that you sacrifice, can come back to you blessed....ten-fold. Right now is not a good time for jobhunting. My priorities don't include thinking I have to kill a turkey to prove who I am....I know who I am! Spend your off-work time with your family, they come first! I don't have much respect for anybody that puts turkey hunting before job, or family! Remember, everything comes to him who waits:wink:

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear ya John and I agree. My biggest point is that I don't have much respect for people telling someone that they have to work so much that they are able to have no other life. Believe me, time with my family comes before turkey hunting and I have always planned life around work. My daughter plays softball and I probably will not get to go to any of her games this year.

As far as an out of state turkey hunt, probably won't happen. My wife and I were just talking about saving money for a little family trip around the fourth of July. We may just go to the lake for a couple of days or something but that is my next priority.

All I needed to do here was vent a little. I know that you all get tired of me venting but my wife won't listen anymore and anyone here that doesn't want to hear about it can skip and not read the posts.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
I hear ya John and I agree. My biggest point is that I don't have much respect for people telling someone that they have to work so much that they are able to have no other life. Believe me, time with my family comes before turkey hunting and I have always planned life around work. My daughter plays softball and I probably will not get to go to any of her games this year.

As far as an out of state turkey hunt, probably won't happen. My wife and I were just talking about saving money for a little family trip around the fourth of July. We may just go to the lake for a couple of days or something but that is my next priority.

All I needed to do here was vent a little. I know that you all get tired of me venting but my wife won't listen anymore and anyone here that doesn't want to hear about it can skip and not read the posts.
Do the work you are told to do by the boss...even if it is unfair, it is great to be seen as willing, but the one who complains of the workload gets the whip. When the Lord comes, those seen busily working at their job will be safe, those sleeping lazily in the shade, will be in danger:wink: I know who you are, and respect you for it:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
9,915 Posts
They do that at the Nuclear Plant to Dad every year too.

Outages right before turkey season and right before deer season. I think it's a Communist Government Conspiracy to tell you the truth...

Don't worry too much though, your bills will be paid.

And you ain't missin out on much either. The season is so late, the weather is so screwed up, and turkeys aren't gobblin...:smack:

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where do you work???????

I work at LM Glasfiber. Most likely, after everything gets rolling along, this won't be the case. We only started production in January and we are still ironing out the wrinkles. We are working in a temporary facility right now while our permanent facility is being built. They are building at the river port in Little Rock and should start production there in September. Before all is said and done, we should have somewhere between 1100 and 1500 people employed there. I was one of the first 60 hired. Like I said ealier, I just needed to vent a little. I spent most of November and December in North Dakota and then went back in March. It will all work out in the end. :up:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.