Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
i take it you have had good luck with this. i went into a super honey hole this morning before day light and set up my blind. i had cut some branches a week before so i wouldnt make any noise and i didnt see a thing.
Don't give up on it. If you were quiet, you didn't scare the deer off. Maybe they just didn't come through there today. They will be back. :up:

·
Member<br>2010 Turkey Contest Winner
909 Posts
i take it you have had good luck with this. i went into a super honey hole this morning before day light and set up my blind. i had cut some branches a week before so i wouldnt make any noise and i didnt see a thing.
I have only killed one deer out of a ground blind but I have seen several deer in bow range doing this. The main thing is to completely brake up the roof out line. It is going to take a little time to do it right.

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
I've done it the same day and have left it up all season. They don't seem to notice it the first couple days, but after that they have been a little cautious around it for about a week. I think they get a little bit of scent. After a week or so, they start ignoring it again. That's been my experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.