Can-o-worms opened for the military:

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by popgun, Dec 19, 2010.

1. popgun

popgun Well-Known Member

All in the name of equality, Don’t ask, don’t tell has been repealed.
    What is next?
    In the name of equality will there be Unisex uniforms?
    Women were allowed to wear their hair at neck length, so will men also be allowed the same specifications?
    Makeup?
    Barracks facilities?
    If women in the military have a skirt for a dress uniform, will the men be allowed to wear the same?
    If a military man makes a pass at a military woman, she shrugs it off. If a military man makes a pass at another man, and he knocks, the you know what, out of him, does that make it a hate crime? Who gets charged, the passer or the passee?
    A woman wears makeup and perfume and gets all fixed up to be attractive to the opposite sex. If the opposite sex is attracted, they are not usually offended. What about a queer man who tells a straight man that he is attractive?
    What about trans-genders, trans-sexuals, and bi-sexuals?

I’m glad I am no longer in the military, and I feel sad for those who are.
    These are going to be some tough times.
    A drill instructor will not even be able to be tough on the recruits or he will be accused of being unsympathetic to the sick-o’s.
    I think the whole situation is sick, sick, sick, and still getting worse.
    What do you all think?
    ….popgun

2. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

Another sad day for America.
    Seems weve had a lot of sad days here in the last two years.

3. oldnwahunter

oldnwahunter Well-Known Member

Gays have always been in the military. When you were asigned to a new unit you knew who they were before you knew which bunk was yours. This don't change a thing. Just give those who want to yell and complain something else to yell and complain about. Jmo.

4. bracomadar

bracomadar Well-Known Member

I guess our only option left is to just bring the troops home now to protect them from the gays. The roadside bombs, snipers, and random mortars aren't nothing worry about, but thousands are gonna die just trying to take showers. Oh the humanity! :skeptical:

5. beltcutter

beltcutter Well-Known Member

Just another notch in the gun barrel of immorality. I hope all the ones in uniform who are tired of this disgrace will not re-enlist.

6. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

The terror threat has been raised to RAINBOW :eek:

7. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    It just seems to me that there are a LOT more pressing issues that our elected officials need to be devoting their time to. :shrug:

8. Amen brother..

9. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

lmao!!!:fit::fit::fit:

10. New U.S. Military Elite Unit

You know about:
    Force Recon Marines
    Navy SEALs
    Army Special Forces
    USAF Air Commandos
    Now get ready for ....THE RUMP RANGERS!

11. dvido

dvido Member

cabot
    Being in the military, my main concern is the living quarters while on deployment. I have spent the better part of the last 9 years sizzling in some desert. Over there it is punishable by up to a court martial and at the least loss of rank of one is caught with a member of the opposite sex in their living quarters. It is called the "threshold rule". It is however permitted to have members of the same sex in your living quarters and is often shared by several people. Now if I come back to my room after a long day at work or a long day of flying, I would be extremely ticked off if my room mate and his boy friend are snuggled up together.

So this repeal has to make basically a 3rd gender. The military is going to "ask", and now the gays have to "tell". I know the majority of the guys I serve with will refuse to bunk with a homosexual, so the military will have to find a way to separate them from the straight men just like females and males are separated from each other. figuring all of this out and accommodating the homosexuals is only going to cost the tax payers more money and create another bueracracy that we can't afford.

I am not naïve. I have been in the military 10 years and I know I have served with a handful of homosexuals, and they have served their country honorably. But with the old rule, what they did in their own time was their business. I do not see anything wrong with the old rule.

Now there are going to be so many harassment cases the MEO office is going to have to triple in size. I thought we still had 2 wars to worry about and not this non sense.

12. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

very well put

13. beltcutter

beltcutter Well-Known Member

Yes, very well put...and thanks for your service.. :flag:

14. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

I told my Son who now serves if he got out now, I would not blame him for a minute.

And PS That was from Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DW

15. sportsmanetc

sportsmanetc Well-Known Member

Well done.You bring up the whole harassment issue which goes far beyond occuring while in the service. I work at the VA in NLR and we see a lot of soldiers. Without going into to much detail, if they get harassed while in the service- they will basically get a check from uncle sam from now on. But this is not the only issue. This will open the proverbel pandoras box. Get ready for lawsuits from former soldiers, whom are homosexual,to try and sue the army or any of ther other branches for their jobs back. And if they can't get the job, then they want back pay. We have already started getting claims for such harassment. IMHO this is going to spread like wildfire into other issues (civilian).

16. Gemini2281

Gemini2281 Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>

I'm curious... I fully expect DADT to be reinstated at some point at least for a short period of time. So those that "come out" now, will they be forced out once DADT is put back into place?

I have no problem with homosexuals serving in the military. If they want to sign up and fight for their country then that is their right. I appreciate anyone who volunteers to fight for the freedoms I enjoy so much. I just think that making this change will end up causing more problems than it solved.

17. kfarm

kfarm Well-Known Member

PINK RIFLES:head:

18. arc3162

arc3162 Well-Known Member

I personally am glad that I am not around to deal with this stupidity. I got out of the military at just the right time. I have no real problem with gay people. However, I will not bunk with them, or share public showers, or anything else that might put me in the situation that I would be inclined to physically assault one of them. I knew several gay guys and even more lesbian women during my time in the military. The flaming type men and the butch women are the easy ones to stop. Not all gays are that way. They don't have a label on them that says gay guy. They may act just like you and I.

The liabilities involved in this are endless. Not just from the gay and lesbian communities but from the straight communities as well. If I were still in and my roommate announced that he was gay after I had been rooming with him for a year I would be pissed and you can bet that everyone around would know about it.

What we had was working......so, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

A little common sense would go a long way with our government right now.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  19. sportsmanetc

sportsmanetc Well-Known Member

Good question. The uniform code of military justice includes an article that prohibits sodomy- even with your wife. How can they allow them to be open about it and still be in compliance with the UCMJ? They would have to rewrite it, and I just do not see this happening.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  20. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I dont like all this talk about queers so this will be my only post. Yes there has always been fags. And yes there will always be fags. No we cant stop them from being fags. But why do we have to legitimize it? Why cant they just serve and keep their stupid mouths shut? Do guys that have a goat for a girlfriend go around talking about it?

Lets call it what it is. Sodomy. Its vile! Its gross! It boggles my mind that we are even discussing if its right or not.

P.S. Yes I have sinned. So keep your stupid "cast the first stone" crap to yourself. I dont want to hear it.