can my luck....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Whitetail Chaser, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Whitetail Chaser

Whitetail Chaser Well-Known Member

get any worse? Started off getting in blind late cause I had to put my daughter on the bus. Well I finally make it to the blind and there already 6 or 7 deer walking within 15 yards of it. One being a pretty nice buck. I tell ya if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

2. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

Sucks that you couldn't get there earlier, but that's not all bad news. At least you have deer infront of your blind. That will give you confidence next time you are out there. :thumb:

3. or even worse, you could have been headed to work instead of the ground blind.

4. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

I would say your luck was pretty darn good getting to spend time with your daughter over hunting.

5. thomasw_lrd

thomasw_lrd Well-Known Member

You've got the first part down. Good location and deer. Now you just need to find a way to get there a little earlier. I'm stuck at work all by myself today with nothing to do, wish I had worked from home and carried my new 20 gauge out in the woods instead.

6. Bowman

Bowman Well-Known Member

NEA
    I would have given up hunting forever to have gotten to spend more time with my daughter!!!!

You are the lucky one..

7. Sage wisdom, one and all! Hug that young lady and kill that buck this week!

8. Whitetail Chaser

I agree guys. I really love spending time with her. We are gonna watch the Hawgs kick booty tonight even though she is a LSU fan :mad:. Its just that me and her have been snake bit all season. We can get close just cant seal the deal. Her and I will be in there early Saturday morning. Maybe we can get it done. Just kidding about the mad face. I'm still trying to convert her over to be a Hawg fan. Lol

9. atleast you know you have deer in your area during daylight hours. You are way ahead of me, lol. Just get out there early this weekend and bring one home and stick him in the freezer. Good luck.

10. SalineRiver

SalineRiver Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the lucky one. Spent most days that I got to hunt with my oldest daughter, trying to get her a deer. Missed 4 times but they were a bit far. And she was a bit excited.

She was pretty discouraged about missing on #3. I told her I was proud of her and she asked "Why, I missed?" I told her because she didn't quit, didn't get discouraged, pout, cry or want to stop hunting! Winners never quit and quitters never win.

She is an awesome kid. :angel::applaud:

11. Whitetail Chaser

My daughter missed her first three deer also. Then she killed her next four. :clap: She'll get her one hang in there. I also got her first one on video.

12. Thats awsome congrats