Camper's water tank

Discussion in 'Home, Garden, and Yard' started by woodsnwater, Dec 16, 2010.

1. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

My camper has been popped up all this time and was in there messing around. I drained out all the water, but still just a little in the tank. Will it be ok to leave or do I need to add some kind of anti freeze... I will be using camper in a week or so but not the tank. So, kinda need to winterized it if I need too.

2. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor

I hope it wasn't full or it's too late. Just make sure it and the lines are empty. It's best to use compressed air to blow out all the lines. No need for rv antifreeze EXCEPT for the pee-traps. Just pour a a quart or so in each trap you'll be ok.

3. Excellent advice. I would go ahead and add a little it the tank just in case all the water isn't out just to be on the safe side.

4. QCDually5.9

Actually, that won't do much good. RV antifreeze contains alcohol instead of ethylene glycol. If it's not used full strength, it does very little good. And if you add it to the tank and purge the lines. Your water will have that certain taste to it after you flush the system in the spring. Just purge your lines with air. Drain your tanks. And add the antifreeze to the traps. You'll be good to go come spring.

5. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

I mean I have all ready drained it before it got cold. Sorry.. I hooked battery up to it and turn on the faucet and got what's left of water. So, there might be a little water in there. I guess I could take my shop vac and vacuum out what's left.

6. QCDually5.9

There should be two waterlines that drop down from under the trailer. One cold water, the other hot. Both are capped. The are the terminal ends of the water plumbing. You can uncap them and 'lightly' pressurize the system where the feed line (water hose) would go. That will purge the lines of whatever water may still be present in the system.