Camper battery

Discussion in 'Reviews-Products/Gear/Guides/Outfitters' started by bigtimehunter, Sep 13, 2020.

1. bigtimehunter

bigtimehunter Well-Known Member

What’s the best brand and size to go with? Won’t have electricity at the new deer lease and ima need a good battery for my camper

sparkie likes this.
  2. fat hog

fat hog Well-Known Member

Get a marine battery

randun2000 and sparkie like this.

3. Dmille5

Dmille5 Well-Known Member

I’ve had the best luck with INTERSTATE BRAND camper batteries

sparkie likes this.
  4. thelineman

thelineman Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

sparkie likes this.
  5. sparkie

sparkie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

NEA
    Well it worked for him! I like interstate battery on autos.

6. Koyote

Koyote Well-Known Member

Interstate marine battery and bring a generator or something to charge it every night, you'll need to keep it charged especially if you have a good size camper.

sparkie likes this.
  7. thelineman

thelineman Well-Known Member

Go read the reviews now.

8. emerson

emerson Well-Known Member

I was thinking this too only with a small solar panel . I only use the lights and it'll keep my battery charged .

9. Allenn

Allenn Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You should have text me. I could have got you some big solar panels.

10. Koyote

Koyote Well-Known Member

We only use lights and it can still sometimes be a drain, how big a camper you got? We got 26 and 28ft the 28 being newer it actually seems to hold a charge better. But it also has the interstate marine battery. Idk much about how them solar panels work but hey let me know if they do work well.

11. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    First, instead of one 12v battery, get two six volt golf car batteries and wire them together in parallel. Many more amps than one 12v.

If you want the BEST, you're talking about Battle Born. But that's a ridiculous price.

I have four 6V batteries. Each pair is in parallel, then each pair of pairs in Series, to give me 12V total, but a ton more amps. More amps, lasts longer.

Solar is great. I wish I could afford to go that way. Friend of mine just spend $10K on Battle Born batteries and total Solar. Course, he's made of money. LOL.

Beware of TRUE deep cycle. IF it has CCA capacity, I'm told that is not true deep cycle. "Deep Cycle" batteries that have CCA are generally dual-purpose. This statement is from a camping friend, and not my knowledge. I've NOT researched it that far. But some have, and that's what I'm told. I doubt it matters much for an occasional use camper. Mine is plugged in 24X7X365.

sparkie likes this.
  12. rohish

rohish Well-Known Member

If you only have two 6V batteries, they will need to connected in series to make 12V, not parallel.

13. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Did I say that backwards? LOL.

Sorta the way it's going lately!!

14. whitetailcollector

whitetailcollector Well-Known Member

I had an interstate battery get hot and nearly explode. It fried my inverter. I went with a good old fashion duralast gold and it held up for 2 years.

sparkie likes this.
  15. emerson

emerson Well-Known Member

I've got a old , old one , I put dome lights ( 4 but only use 1or 2 ) in it and it is not used that much little at night and in the morning . If we get a couple cloudy days it run out . We also have a solar motion detector light inside that helps .

16. whitetailcollector

whitetailcollector Well-Known Member

You can buy led lights off of amazon to replace your old style for pretty reasonable. I paid 60 dollars and replaced 5 of those ceiling lights