Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
October 1st is just about upon us. When heading to the woods for a week of camping. What sort of supplies do you like to have with you? I personally am going to do the primitve camping thing. (tent) I hate to get in the woods and wish there was something I would of brought along.
Heres my list off the top of my head what am I missing?
Tent
sleeping bag
bug spray
cooking supplies and food
archery gear
2 large ice chests
water
personal hygeine stuffs tp
chainsaw gas/oil
hand saw
hatchet
rope
trashbags
chairs
deer stands
compass/whistle
flashlight and batteries
tarp
citronella candles
first aid kit

Ill cook up some things before I go and have it frozen in the ice chest for easy meals. I like to cook stew and beans and have some frozen in quart bags. I can make the cornbread in a skillet over the open fire.Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
figured Id just use the sleeping bag for a pillow. Not sure what a thermacell is educate me? I guess a lantern might come in handy. I also thought I might take some rags along to use when doing my dishes and some old rags to clean my hands with in the case I get to field dress something. I guess some disposable gloves could be handy too. Ill have my cell phone but there is no service where I am going to be. It takes good pictures tho...:cool: My etrex gps doesnt even work very good in the woods for me.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
At our deer camp, the list of necessities goes like this

1. Pepto Bismal
2. Toilet Paper
3. Gas X
4. Tums/Rolaids
5. Toilet Plunger
6. Air Freshener
7. Beans
8. Chili
9. Drinks
10. Hunting Stuff
11. A good Time

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
Cot!
I like to take some individually-wrapped antibacterial wipes too and keep them with my TP.
For quick weekend-hunt camping, I like to take some of those Starbucks "expresso in a can" things. I can slug one of those down in the morning with a biscuit or pastry and get to hunting instead of having to crank up the stove and make coffee.

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
At our deer camp, the list of necessities goes like this

1. Pepto Bismal
2. Toilet Paper
3. Gas X
4. Tums/Rolaids
5. Toilet Plunger
6. Air Freshener
7. Beans
8. Chili
9. Drinks
10. Hunting Stuff
11. A good Time
Zane, maybe if you consumed something other than beans, chili, and drinks, you would need so much Pepto, Gas X, and Tums! :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I would add ziploc bags. They are always handy for something. Also, I take an air mattress, the kind you float on in the pool, to sleep on. Don't forget the Toilet paper and some dishwashing liquid too. I wish I was going.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.