Camp Robinson WMA

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Growler, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Growler

Growler Well-Known Member

I haven't hunted at camp this year yet. Plan on starting tomorrow and this weekend. Usually wait until the permit hunts are over. I'm curious what kind of success those that hunt out there have had this year? Also, have any of you or someone you know ever been caught moving to a different zone without going back to front gate and signing in again? What was the punishment?

2. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

i have heard of ppl getting caught doing it before so do us all a favor that do hunt there all season and dont do it. they are looking for a reason to shut it down and by hunters not following their rules they will shut it down. just like they did when they shut the range down

3. Growler

I don't plan on breaking any of the rules. I like hunting out there too much. I was just curious about what they do to you if caught in another TA.

4. nansman

nansman Well-Known Member

I do not know the penalty for being out of the assigned TA, but I did see the Camp Robinson police patrolling on Artesian Well Road a while back. Maybe they are reading these boards and will start stepping up enforcement.

5. RL

RL Well-Known Member

I was told that if you are caught in the wrong zone you will loose your sportsman pass and not be able to get one on camp again

6. Growler

I wouldn't intentionally break one of their rules out there, but where I hunt it is hard to tell if I'm actually in TA 8 or 9.

7. dsmtuner1

dsmtuner1 Well-Known Member

Let me give you an idea of how serious they are out there.

The first time I ever hunted camp robby was on a training weekend. I drove down "Declination road" cause the gate was wide open and the road was green on the map which means its ok. I get back that evening to sign out and my name is highlighted and the guard held me while they called some big wig. They went ape crap over it, found out one of the generals or something was telling the guards to have my vehicle towed while I was out in the middle of the woods. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, apparently they had no right to and I would have been stranded so the guards refused to do it. They tried to permantley revoke my pass and it was my first time there. They had no grounds to do so because there rules were skewed and the map was not correct. I came out ok, but I walk on my tiptoes round there lol.

They already don't like you there, give em a reason to boot you and they will.