Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not looking for someones secret spot here, im trying to understand the logistics of how hunting on camp robinson works. i know there is camp robinson wma that is open to the public, but is the actual camp robinson only open to military? what do you have to do to hunt it? im assuming it involves something with their outdoor rec center. lastly, i've read about guys complaining about the rules and the crowds, but i could not determine if they were talking about the public or the army land. any information would be helpful, im trying to figure out if i want to go scout it. thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Camp Robinson sua which is located by the gun range that you can access any time provided they aren't doing trial runs. Camp Robinson wma is at the base and you need a sportsmens pass to access it, sign in and out and put up with all the BS that comes with it.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
The military base is the WMA and it is open to anyone. You have to purchase the annual sportsman pass for $25 to gain access and sign in and out when you come and go as well as indicate where you intend to be on the area. Muzzleloader deer hunts and gun deer and turkey hunts are permit only, you have to apply, get drawn, and pay an additional $10.50 for those.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Canuck- can you elaborate on "the BS that comes with it"? Is this place crowded with bow hunters? Or just gun hunters? Or both?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts