calls??

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by ArkArcher, Jan 14, 2008.

1. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

Ok all you duckaholics.....What, in your opinion, is the best sounding duck call for under $35?? I just want to get some ideas. I'm not really in the market your anything, I just thought it would be a good thread.

I'll start. One that i have that I love is the Primos Timber Wench. :thumb:

Name some more...

2. quax

quax Well-Known Member

that and a haydel's cajun squeal are 2 good cheap ones.

3. swampimp

swampimp Well-Known Member

Those 2 plus, an Echo poly-carb call and I also like Southern Game Calls poly "Nasty boy"

Most good single reed calls you can make squeal like the Haydels.

4. quacksmacker

quacksmacker Well-Known Member

DC Duck Picker, Willie's camo max, ol raspy, DC teal, DC gadwall.

5. parrotheadcrb

parrotheadcrb Active Member

Ozark
    Re

I am a fan of the Echo Timber single. Love that call also the double but I like the single best.

6. TheBattman

TheBattman Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Duck Commander.... although it might need a bit of tuning...

7. ArkArcher

Well, even though I wasn't really in the market, I was looking around and ordered the Classic Commander from DC. I had $15 saved up in points on the Bass Pro site so I only had to pay like $4 for it for shipping. maybe it will be a good one. I found it on a couple sites where you could listen to the call and it sounded pretty good to me so why not for $4. :thumb:

8. zane

zane Well-Known Member

Echo Double

9. parrotheadcrb

parrotheadcrb Active Member

Ozark
    Re

I am not a fan of duck commander calls. The ones I have had were kinda hard to blow and definetly not for someone that is learning to call.

10. ArkArcher

:smack: i know how to call so maybe it will work. Good thing I only paid $4 for it. :thumb:

11. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

i blow an old olt. takes some air and a little tuning but sounds great. one of the few calls you can blow soft and still sound slick. BUT THEY DON'T MAKE EM ANYMORE. so dig around in your dad/grandad's shed or an antique store and try to find one. (you can still get reeds and corks for them) if you don't like it send it to me.

shifty

12. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

Primos DU Edition Yo' Sista and the original Duck Commander.

13. Averyhntr

Averyhntr Well-Known Member

Zink Calls Poly carb PH-1 or PH-2 you cant beat em at all!!:thumb:

Averyhnt

14. rusty

rusty Well-Known Member

Double Nasty II by Buck Gardner , had some people walk in on me thought i was a duck:biggrin: :biggrin:

15. bps12

bps12 Well-Known Member

foiles strait suzy poly call it's awesome

16. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

Primos Yo Sista and Primos PHAT Lady. I also like the Primos Nag, and the Southern Game Calls "Loaded" and Haydel's Red-Legs. Toss in a Primos duck whistle and you're good-to-go for little dough!

I don't have any of the long-dollar acrylics, though I'd like too; so these are my everyday go-to calls.

I've got a thirty year old "Yentzen" but I don't take it out anymore cause I'm afraid I'll lose it. It ain't nothing special to anyone else, but it's the first duck call I ever bought. Fact is it sounds like $h*T, but it's old and MINE! I lost my Olt that a guy gave to me about twenty five years ago and sure wish I had it back.

17. oldreloader

oldreloader Well-Known Member

Primos Wench and Yo Sista are my favorites

18. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Primos Yo Sis, Primos Cocabula Wench, and the Haydel with the green letters. Key hole Olt, but now they don't make them their expensive.

19. bjones62

bjones62 Well-Known Member

Haydel Red Leg - had a guy trade me a $300 RNT for one in the metro one day cause I was standing in the right hole. Still love the call though, cheap and don't have to worry if I happen to loose it.