Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all you duckaholics.....What, in your opinion, is the best sounding duck call for under $35?? I just want to get some ideas. I'm not really in the market your anything, I just thought it would be a good thread.

I'll start. One that i have that I love is the Primos Timber Wench. :thumb:

Name some more...

·
Banned
385 Posts
Those 2 plus, an Echo poly-carb call and I also like Southern Game Calls poly "Nasty boy"

Most good single reed calls you can make squeal like the Haydels.

·
Super Moderator
9,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, even though I wasn't really in the market, I was looking around and ordered the Classic Commander from DC. I had $15 saved up in points on the Bass Pro site so I only had to pay like $4 for it for shipping. maybe it will be a good one. I found it on a couple sites where you could listen to the call and it sounded pretty good to me so why not for $4. :thumb:

·
Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013
3,922 Posts
i blow an old olt. takes some air and a little tuning but sounds great. one of the few calls you can blow soft and still sound slick. BUT THEY DON'T MAKE EM ANYMORE. so dig around in your dad/grandad's shed or an antique store and try to find one. (you can still get reeds and corks for them) if you don't like it send it to me.

shifty

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Primos Yo Sista and Primos PHAT Lady. I also like the Primos Nag, and the Southern Game Calls "Loaded" and Haydel's Red-Legs. Toss in a Primos duck whistle and you're good-to-go for little dough!

I don't have any of the long-dollar acrylics, though I'd like too; so these are my everyday go-to calls.

I've got a thirty year old "Yentzen" but I don't take it out anymore cause I'm afraid I'll lose it. It ain't nothing special to anyone else, but it's the first duck call I ever bought. Fact is it sounds like $h*T, but it's old and MINE! I lost my Olt that a guy gave to me about twenty five years ago and sure wish I had it back.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,525 Posts
Primos Yo Sis, Primos Cocabula Wench, and the Haydel with the green letters. Key hole Olt, but now they don't make them their expensive.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Haydel Red Leg - had a guy trade me a $300 RNT for one in the metro one day cause I was standing in the right hole. Still love the call though, cheap and don't have to worry if I happen to loose it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts