Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to learn this stuff lol.Do ya just call solid or do ya shut it off in sequences.
I hear ppl talking the yote come in on the 6 min mark so im just wondering.
what ya'll do on a set up?

· Forum Sponsor<br>Mossy Oak Properties
305 Posts
I thought the same thing. I never had any luck calling solid so I changed it up. I started with a few howls and waited a few minutes then ran the cotton tail distress for about a solid min on volume 4. Waited about three minutes and then hit the call again for about 45 seconds on volume 5. A minute after I stopped I heard one circling down wind in the thicket. Hit the call for 3 seconds and he came right out to look. Bang!!!

Good luck.

· Registered
1,404 Posts
Stick your call and decoy upwind calling upwind and let it run for 15 minutes and move. Most yote's will be there within 6-8 minutes but have had them show up at the 15-20 minute mark in big open country... Good Luck

· Registered
18,652 Posts
It varies. About the time I think Ive get em figured out it changes. Just got to try a little of everything until you find whats working that day. There is no rhyme nor reason to a coyote. Lots of stands is the answer. More stands equals more dead coyotes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.