Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2012-
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to chaffee to look around a bit and came up to a pack of yotes.Me and a buddy set down on the edge of the fire break and I used my mouth to howl like a yote,and 5 of them covered 300 yards in no time. I barked and stoped them at 20 yards shot the first one and he went to doing circles,shot the 2nd one and he droped and the third one took of and I shot him on the run.:biggrin:

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
That's really cool!
I had a similar experience on a turkey hunt this spring, except for the dead coyote...
It was starting to get toward dusk. A friend and I were working down a closed tank trail (Fort Rucker, AL), and I decided to owl hoot with my voice to see if we could raise a gobble. When I did, a coyote howled, cutting me off, and he was just around the bend of the road.
We both jumped in the ditch for cover, and I tried to howl similar to the hoot I'd just done. Here he came. Unfortunately, just as he was coming into shotgun range, I felt the breeze on my back, and that dude switched ends and got the heck out of there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.