Cache River Refuge

Discussion in 'Small Game and Bird Hunting' started by woodsnwater, Jan 9, 2011.

1. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Any of y'all been doing any squirrel hunting on the Cache?

2. mikeg

mikeg Well-Known Member

Can u ride four wheelers on Cashe River, going to pickup a new squirrel dog and looking for some big woods to hunt off of my 4 wheeler

3. woodsnwater

You can behind IGA in Biscoe. There are 2 trails and I walked one out a pretty good piece, not sure if it meets the other or not. It turns to that direction. I seen quite a few while crappie fishing and wished I had my shotgun, instead of .22mag. Also, another short boat trip there in Brassfield, that's where I do my early hunting. Remember steel shot only. I hate steel shot.

4. woodsnwater

Pamphlet says: From Sept1 to Feb.28..

5. mikeg

mikeg Well-Known Member

Do you know Tony Patterson from Biscoe, We horse show with him and his family

6. woodsnwater

Can't say I do. I don't know anyone there other a cousin in Brassfield and a guy work at same place as I name Eric. Can't think of his last name. He lives next to W.O's. There is a guy I didn't know him well, but my Dad did. Larry Cook, I think is his name. They both coon hunted.

7. Billy Joe

Billy Joe Well-Known Member

hey mike what dog you go get? how is the coz female doing?

8. mikeg

mikeg Well-Known Member

I got a pup out of Terry Snider's buck and blue, he is 14 month's old started and needs finishing, my coz pup just started treeing last week. She has hunted hard and looked up at a lot of trees but last week she sat on her butt and treed hard and had a good voice, so i'm happy, she is my first to start. Give me a pm with your number and we will get together for a hunt when things slow down a bit.