Arkansas Hunting banner

cabins

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Rob 
#1 ·
Guys,

The girlfriend and I are looking at a waterfront cabin. Don't care whether it's White or Little Red. Few years ago we stayed at Lobo Landing cabins and loved it. The cabins were clean, nice, well set up, right on the river, and smoke free. We're both sensitive to smoke (overly sensitive). Since Lobo was auctioned off, to my knowledge they aren't renting the cabins out (yet, if ever), otherwise we'd stay there for a day or two.

What other areas have such rentals? Seclusion is not out of the question. Normally we stay at her grandmother's house at Allison (north of Mtn View) and fish the sylamore and White but the river has been real high and the house is rented indefinitely, so we're looking around elsewhere.

What say you?

#8 ·
Headed to Stetson's this weekend with a group. All those larger commercial type resorts seem to to be very similar to me.

With the family, I usually try to find a more secluded single unit along the river. Check the vrbo or rental by owner websites for the smaller, more private places.

Heavy generation almost around the clock below BS for quite some time now. Better have a trustworthy boat and experience fishing high water if visiting any time soon. Norfolk or Little Red may have more normal flow at this time.

#14 ·
Definitely going to check some of those places out. But not right away. My vacation budget is blown out now, due to failed water heater. Gotta rebuild the whole closet, valves, pipes, everything :(

Guess it's probably about time for a new heater seeing how the old one was about 14 years old (nat gas). Usually when they fail, they leak a little. It didn't just start a little leak. I came home from church and the entire garage was flooded. Yay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.