Cabela's in Rogers

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by AF2007, Apr 27, 2012.

1. AF2007

AF2007 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when they'll open? I have to say, this is not going to be good for the ole budget!

2. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

All I heard is this summer.:dontknow:

3. newton29

newton29 Well-Known Member

NWA
    I heard a radio spot where they are seeking applications. It's going up fast.

4. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

5. AF2007

AF2007 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for the date!

6. Delbert

Delbert Well-Known Member

7. SMartin

SMartin Well-Known Member

NWA
    I drive by it twice a day. Sign in front says: "Opening Summer 2012".

They are currently working on the roof from what I can see from the road. No clue what is going on inside the building. tick tock tick tock

8. Does this mean they'll charge sales tax on mail order now?

If so they can say goodbye to my business..........

9. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I think so.

They have been making some impressive progress on the building. Still, I would guess it's gonna be late summer before it's open.

10. oldnwahunter

oldnwahunter Well-Known Member

Why be upset with the store? They didn't make the law your state rep. did. I am sure it cost them money to do all of the paper work to collect the tax.

11. Hog_54

Hog_54 Well-Known Member

Opening in summer 2012 and are hiring now so I would think they would around the end of June sure is a nice building.

12. I'm not upset with the store....... I'm just not paying tax on a mail order product when I can get it somewhere else.

I hate big box sporting goods stores...... try to never go in one.

13. AR Coon Hunter

AR Coon Hunter Super Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Wi

I hear it's all Tom Cotton's fault:wink:

14. Bass Pro never got their LR store off the ground, but I bet they pick up a good deal of mail business because of the new cabelas store.

2 1/2 million people in Arkansas and only 400K of those in NWA...........why would you build a high overhead big box store in today's world?

15. There is a lot of money in NWA........most people have jobs up there.
    How big is this Cabela's?
    I usually hit either Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops when I road trip to a bigger place like Kansas City,Springfield,Phoenix,and Tulsa has a nice BP or many other places airplanes break..........

16. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I want to say someone told me it's their smallest format. They're sure chugging along on that building.
    I seriously doubt that they decided to build a store here by throwing darts at a map. I think I read in one article that catlog sales were taken into account. It would make sense that there's a lot of mail order business here. With the exception of the year or two when Sportsmans Whorehouse was open, we've never had a decent sporting goods store. I order practically all my hunting gear except for archery stuff.

17. grits and gravy

grits and gravy Well-Known Member

I talked with the general manager last week. He said store will be open on Aug 31 one way or the other. Also said store was the same store that they have in Allen Tx. Not huge but big enough to carry lots of stuff

18. jcdp411

jcdp411 Well-Known Member

Yes, I spent about 3 hours in the store in Allen last week, and they told me that the store in Rogers will be the same size as theirs.

19. How does the Allen store compare to the one in Fort Worth?