Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some ammo for my .45 Colt Blackhawk. At $35+ per 50/rds, I decided to see what I could find in a "bulk" buy.

Cabela's has some 250 RNL rounds that I was thinking about buying. I have no idea who actually loads them. The reviews were good, but I'd like to know if anyone has shot these before? And who loads for them?

I know I really need a reloading set-up, if only for 10's, Colt's and ACP's; but I just do not have the space to set-up or store the components in a decent place. I've got a little bit rat-holed but not enough to really make a dent...

If you have other suggestions on buying from 300-500rds in bulk, I'm open to suggestions. Cabela's looked like they had the better price, but I haven't checked with UltraMax yet either.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The last time I checked the Winchester white box, 100 round boxes at Wal-mart were about the best price. I checked, and I couldn't buy brass and load shells as cheap as buying them from Wal-mart. They're even cheaper than the bulk ammo you can buy.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I could find a Wal-Mart that stocked .45 Colt at all, I'd be happier!!! It's not to say that none do... but I have yet to go to one that did.

Winchester markets a "Cowboy" box of .45 Colts but not a "white box". I found a decent deal on Silvertips... not great but not bad, but I need some practice fodder until I can get up enough brass to relaod them at a bro's place. He just bought a sweet Dillon and dies for the old round, but I have no brass laid by.

I know he'd get me started out, but I also know he goes all over the county shooting CAS matches. Besides... I just can't get down like that!!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in the same boat. Sure, there are tons of guns I'd like to have, but I'm more interested in shooting the ones I have more often!

I don't shoot as much as I used to just because of ammo costs. Rather than buy another gun to "feed", I want to feed what I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.