Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Member<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody gonna be shooting the central arkansas bow shoot this weekend? My son and I are going to be there, this will be are first time there for a club shoot. We shot there a month or so ago for the ABA spring shoot. My bro in law and his friend are supposed to meet me there but they might have to work so I may need someone to shoot with if someone doesn't mind. I haven't shot much the past 2 weeks so I'm a little rusty but I need a good fun day off so what better way to spend it than flinging some arrows.:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Ozark, I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier! I had to find a group after I got there today and you would have been welcome in our group. It was a beautiful day and a challenging course.

How did you do? I started strong and managed to fade down the stretch to shoot 4 down.

Holler back before the next shoot.

hd

·
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, my brother in law was able to make it so there ended up being 3 of us to make our group. My son won his division with a 272 (Pee Wee). I started out doing well (even) but on target 16 the group behind us caught up to us and I have to say they were the rudest group I had ever seen on a course. They actually tried standing IN FRONT of me while I was at full draw. We had to tell them 3 targets in a row to get back. They also would constantly talk yardage while my group was trying to shoot. They also sat their bows down at the green stake while we were getting ready to shoot at the paddle stake. We constantly had to remind them that it was our turn and they needed to stay back, we were slow due to the congested groups in front of us which is understandable. One of the guys actually chased and caught a lizard while I was on target 22 at full draw, he ran within 4 feet of me crashing through briars, also one of them (while their group was shooting) would stand 10-15yds in front of the shooter, while the person shooting was actually shooting and the guy would watch through his bino's. The arrow was literally flying within 2-3 feet of the guy. We had to talk to them a few times when we saw that happening and they still did it anyway. Needless to say they were extremely dangerous. I was even till that mess started happening then I ended up shooting a 221 but somehow I did eek out a 2nd place finish. My bro in law just fell apart worse than I did when all the bull started. He shot a 222 and finished 3rd from last in freestyle class. Other than the idiots that were there, I had a great time and thought it was a great course. That was my 2nd time to shoot there (first was the ABA shoot a month ago). I shot hunter division but I'm fixin to move up to BHR or freestyle here in June I think. I'll be back there for their next shoot most likely. Sorry for the rant but I was really frustrated and still am a little bit.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Don't blame ya a bit. Next time please make the safety issues known to one of the club officers. That should never be tolerated.

We started late (after 9) and were behind a couple of really slow groups. Wish I could blame my late collapse on that but I just got to thinking on how good my score was going to be instead of shooting one target at a time.

hd

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
ozark deerslayer, you didn't happen to catch any names in that group did ya? If so PM them to me....please. I'm going to make the club officers aware of this problem just in case there might have been some other complaints about this.

You should be able to find a range captain on the range somewhere. I know when I was the club president all the officers wore shirts identifying as so.

·
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sent you a message Possum. I blamed my collapse on the crazy group I referred to earlier but still I shouldn't have let them get at me like that. My group I shoot with for some reason has never done good there. They have shot there 6 or 7 times more than me over the past few years and they have never placed which is very rare for a few of the guys. I wasn't happy at all with my final score but I did get to rub it in their faces that I got 2nd HA HA HA. I love that course, it definitely seperates the men from the boys yet it is still fun to shoot.

·
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, I'm not certain what won BHR, I was gonna shoot BHR ( I usually do) but I chose to shoot hunter class this time with my short stabilizer. BHR winner was 248 I think, don't quote me on that. Hunter class winner was 251 I know for sure.

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
It's an interesting course that's for sure. And the way it's laid out with several different trials you might not ever just the same course at the club shoots twice in the same year.

I can tell ya another course that'll seperate the men from the boys and that's the Buck Snort Hollar range @ Shirley. You better have some comfortable walking shoes with plenty of ankle support....lets just say you can practice shooting from a tree stand and not have to climb a tree to do it. :wink:

·
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Once again Doc, I'm not real sure on that 248 score, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention BHR class. But if you shot a 4 under than you had to be pretty close to the top I'd say.

Possum, I heard about bucksnort from a couple of guys. They said it was really really tough. We talked about it and decided that we'd give it a try here soon. It's always fun to shoot something that the lay out is crazy. Its kind of relaxing going into a shoot that you shouldn't expect to shoot a great score that way when you shoot bad you can say "well the course was really hard" HA HA.

·
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I shot the hill at the ABA shoot. I don't know if yall know him or not but I ran into a big tall guy named Kenny and he told me about Bucksnort, He said there were some extreme shots, sounded harder than hard is supposed to be but it sounded fun. I also heard hot springs was good and We are definitely going there a few times this summer.

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
Hot Springs County has a good course as well with a couple a real good elevated shots. If I remember right they've got one where you walk out on a platform to shoot, but it's an easier walk too.

Kenny Smith, tall skinny young man?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have agree with Possum about Bucksnort. I shot a THE qualifier in the pouring rain and high winds a year or two ago. With the weather conditions added to the difficulty of the course, I shot my worst score ever. Lots of fun and challenging course. You better bring your "A" game because those creekbed draws will really throw off your perception.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.