Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was told that new this year in zone 13 a button buck counts against your doe tags not your buck tags. Reason for asking is i can't find the info stating this on the website. My wife killed a bb and dont want her to get in trouble for tagging 2 bucks after that if she gets lucky enough. Anyone know any for sure information on this?

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
5,139 Posts
WHY would AGFC do that ?????
Why would a hunter do that ????
Don’t drink the AGFC kool-aid.
Just cause one can do it doesn’t mean they should do it !
Exercise trigger control & if you made a mistake & shot a button buck give the herd a break & don’t kill 3 damn bucks !
Geeeeshhh & folks wonder why the deer are in decline in certain areas.
Sorry Rant Over

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
In the county/zone I have property. You can now legally shoot three button bucks and two spikes with a rifle in one sitting.
15 years ago you have to draw a permit to even shoot a doe. Heck, we had the three point rule and only one doe tag with a ML and that was just the first day or two only of early ML season.
There’s a family that hunts a 40 acre tract a quarter of a mile from me. They kill everything that moves. Last year they found 12 deer that they shot at. Had a 2” spike strung up when I drove by last night. I was feeding him food and leaving him alone, he should have stayed on my place.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
WHY would AGFC do that ?????
Why would a hunter do that ????
Don’t drink the AGFC kool-aid.
Just cause one can do it doesn’t mean they should do it !
Exercise trigger control & if you made a mistake & shot a button buck give the herd a break & don’t kill 3 damn bucks !
Geeeeshhh & folks wonder why the deer are in decline in certain areas.
Sorry Rant Over
Yeah, that's kinda what I thought too. A 3 point rule with a green light to shoot button bucks makes sense like having a screen door in your water bucket.

·
Registered
292 Posts
In the county/zone I have property. You can now legally shoot three button bucks and two spikes with a rifle in one sitting.
15 years ago you have to draw a permit to even shoot a doe. Heck, we had the three point rule and only one doe tag with a ML and that was just the first day or two only of early ML season.
There’s a family that hunts a 40 acre tract a quarter of a mile from me. They kill everything that moves. Last year they found 12 deer that they shot at. Had a 2” spike strung up when I drove by last night. I was feeding him food and leaving him alone, he should have stayed on my place.
Welcome to my world with the CWD program. Absolute mismanagement of good resources.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First off my wife has only ever killed one other deer so there is no way I'm telling her she can't shoot. I guess your opinion is what matters and not that she was very pleased to get to shoot a deer. Its not all about a damn trophy to the majority of hunters. Its people like you who have a big part in running people like her out of hunting. Because you think your testosterone fueled got to kill a big buck to show my friends attitude is the only one that matters. As far as I'm concerned all the damn wanna be tv trophy hunters can stay in your own little world and I can stay in mine. So I guess what I'm saying is take your opinion of what we do and stick it where the sun dont shine. If you got something else to say to me just pm because I dont want to get kicked off of here because I tell you how I feel. Have a good day and I hope you don't see anything but buzzards and skunks the rest of the year.

·
Super Moderator
8,887 Posts
First off my wife has only ever killed one other deer so there is no way I'm telling her she can't shoot. I guess your opinion is what matters and not that she was very pleased to get to shoot a deer. Its not all about a damn trophy to the majority of hunters. Its people like you who have a big part in running people like her out of hunting. Because you think your testosterone fueled got to kill a big buck to show my friends attitude is the only one that matters. As far as I'm concerned all the damn wanna be tv trophy hunters can stay in your own little world and I can stay in mine. So I guess what I'm saying is take your opinion of what we do and stick it where the sun dont shine. If you got something else to say to me just pm because I dont want to get kicked off of here because I tell you how I feel. Have a good day and I hope you don't see anything but buzzards and skunks the rest of the year.
Do what you and your wife wants, it's legal to do so. Just cause we all dont agree on it, doesnt make either one of us wrong.

·
Administrator
73,846 Posts
Damn, what did I miss? I haven’t seen anyone give an opinion of what your wife killed, just general discussion.

It’s the internet, don’t take it personally.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts