Bushnell Banner 40mm

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by gutpile, Dec 14, 2010.

1. gutpile

gutpile Well-Known Member

anyone familiar witht the bushnell banner 40mm $99 at academy. does it hold up well. im putting it on a .243 until i can afford a better one. any comments?

2. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

I've got a Bushnell Banner 3x9x40 on my 7mm mag and before that had it on my 30-06 for years. I have never had to adjust it once I got it 0'd in. It has been and still is a GREAT scope!!! :up:

3. gutpile

yeah...seems like the newer ones arent quite as heavy as the older ones...i guess well see.

4. lonwen99

lonwen99 Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

I have one on my 7mm mag , it has been a good one .:thumb::flag:

5. englishdawgs

englishdawgs Well-Known Member

I have got one on my .243 and it works great. For the money it is a good scope.:up:

6. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

I've got one on my CZ .22 and another on my T/C .50 cal. GREAT scope for the money. Go ahead and get it, but I wouldn't worry too much about wanting to replace it unless there are options you want that it doesn't have. The glass is as good as any $300 scope as far as I can tell and I've never had trouble with it being bright enough when it was still legal to shoot. Before or after shooting time it doesn't really matter :up:

7. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

I bought a little Remington Model 7 in .308 once and put a compact 4x Bushnell Banner on it. That thing was one of the brightest, clearest, scopes I had ever used. I use mostly fixed power or low power variable's. If you don't treat it too bad it will do the job well.

8. Ozark hunter

Ozark hunter Well-Known Member

got one on a savage 93r17 and it's a great scope

9. shady grove

shady grove Well-Known Member

I have a 3-9x40 on my .243, now it was bought back when they were all gloss finish. I also have a 6-18x50 on my .270, I have never had any problems out of either.

10. backstraps

backstraps Well-Known Member

Had one on my ML for about 5 years until it was stolen. Never had to a
    Adjust it. great scope!

11. gutpile

thanks guys, i feel better about it now. i just gotta get it sighted in and let my boy put a few down with it on the Christmas hunt and the youth hunt:thumb:

12. backstraps

backstraps Well-Known Member

I meant to add that I have recommended this scope to three of my friends for their MLs. All three have loved them. Best deal around for a scope IMO.

13. Vern Humphrey

Vern Humphrey Well-Known Member

I have one on my pre-64 Model 70 Winchester in .30-06. This rifle has been hunted hard, including several elk hunts in the Colorado Rockies. Never had a bit of trouble with it.

14. 05cards

05cards Well-Known Member

Long story. Had one a few years back and a lens inside broke loose an broke the reticle. Sent it to Bushnell and they sent it back with a letter saying it had been abused. Trust me this scope was not abused. Later had bought a used lueopold. I dopped it on a dirt road and it was visible bent. Sent to lueopold with a letter explaining I had dropped it asking if it could be repaired and how much. They sent me a new scope and even paid the frieght. I now use Burris scopes. Do a little research on the fullfield II. It's a lot of scope for the money. Also they have a forever warranty. By the way I had always had good luck with Bushnell and would have recommended their scopes. This is just my experience.:thumb:

15. J870sm

J870sm Well-Known Member

I still have one that I had put on a 30-06 when I was a teenager. It still works. However, I had another one on a 444 and it lasted one shot. I took it back to the store and they got me another one. I am not sure what happened to it. It may be around here somewhere. They are clear scopes for sure.

16. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

I just bought a couple of the new Redfields and I like them so far for the money. Lueopold now owns them.............150 or so for a 3x9x40