Bushmaster and Thompson/Center Factories to Close

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by Mr. Chitlin, Dec 17, 2010.

1. .270Win

.270Win Super Moderator<br>Forum Sponsor<br>'07 Deer Hunti

As many EBR's that have been bought in the last few years you'd think Bushmaster would be sitting pretty? :shrug:

I tried my best to keep them in business all by myself there for a while. :biggrin:

.270Win

2. duckhunter2-2007

duckhunter2-2007 Well-Known Member

The auto industry execs maneuvered themselves out of a job and now they've invaded the gun industry. I hope they do a better job here than they did there.:smack:

3. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Well-Known Member

Dang I hate that about Bushmaster. I was afraid that would be the case when Cerberus (which is Freedom Group) bought them out a few years ago. Wonder if they'll shift all the Bushmasters lines over to Remington?

I don't know what to think about T/C closing. Despite my personal belief that single shot, center fire rifles have been obsolete for over 100 years, I still don't like the thought of any firearms business closing down. I guess even though every celebrity on the Outdoor Channel was pimping out a T/C Encore, they still couldn't sell enough.

4. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

T/C Is NOT going to cease business, they are just moving plants. More than likely the land the plant sits on now will be sold at profit, but T/C operations are moving and will continue. Now Bushmaster, I have no clue where they will setup at again.

5. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

If I'm reading this correctly, the Bushmaster brand will continue just not at that location is that right?

6. quackmaster

quackmaster Well-Known Member

I think I can speak to this one being I work for big R.

Bushmaster is just relocating manufacturing to Ilion, New York. This is where just about everything else is made. Marlin has already been moved there. Nothing will change about the gun.

Kris

7. TacHunter

TacHunter Well-Known Member

:whew: I was gettin' worried there for a minute. Thanks for the clarification Quakmaster! :thumb: