Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wondering cause I paid a friend of mine $200 to cut a 40 acre field that was pretty thick with 1-2" sweetgum and weeds that hadn't been cut in 3 to 4 years. Took him 4.5 hrs with a 15 footer. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Considering he was charging the guy down the road $20/acre when I ran into him yesterday and asked him about my place.

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
I was wondering cause I paid a friend of mine $200 to cut a 40 acre field that was pretty thick with 1-2" sweetgum and weeds that hadn't been cut in 3 to 4 years. Took him 4.5 hrs with a 15 footer. I thought it was a pretty good deal.
That was a good deal. Fuel prices have caused an increase.

And most don't have a 15 foot bat wing. My little 5' footer takes a little longer.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was a good deal. Fuel prices have caused an increase.

And most don't have a 15 foot bat wing. My little 5' footer takes a little longer.
10-4, my 5' is good for edging and cutting fire lanes but gets time consuming in the big areas! I figure I saved a good day or two of burning diesel and myself!:up:

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you have the field where we rabbit hunted cut?
yep, I had everything on the left side of my little road that cuts thru the field cut. Those sapplings were cetting out of hand. The boy said he ran alot of rabbits out. Now I'll keep some shooting lanes cut and hopefully they'll be back in there this fall.:up:

·
Suspended Indefinitely
2,957 Posts
I was wondering cause I paid a friend of mine $200 to cut a 40 acre field that was pretty thick with 1-2" sweetgum and weeds that hadn't been cut in 3 to 4 years. Took him 4.5 hrs with a 15 footer. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Considering he was charging the guy down the road $20/acre when I ran into him yesterday and asked him about my place.
At $200 he only charged for diesel, grease and oil. If it was heavy cover, that tractor was burning 10 gallon an hour or more.

For $20/acre, I would rather spray brush killer every 3-4 years.

·
Administrator
41,122 Posts
I was going to talk to you and see about going up there and running some 6 month old pups that I have. I thought that would be a good place because I could watch em a little bit and make sure they werent on a deer.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was going to talk to you and see about going up there and running some 6 month old pups that I have. I thought that would be a good place because I could watch em a little bit and make sure they werent on a deer.
have at em. All the thick stuff to the right of my road thru the field is still there and full of rabbits i'm sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.