Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else seen the petitons to stop burning the natl. forrest during turkey nesting seasons? They are floating around our area,so keep a look out.

·
Registered
467 Posts
i would dern sure sign one if i came across it. dont think it would do any good though. i have heard the ppl that do the burn dont care about the turkey population just the reduction of fuel, doesnt mean that it would hurt to try.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
A petition is absolutely worthless. If you want to get involved in National Forest Management Plans, then write to the District Ranger or Forest Supervisor and request to have your name placed on the mailing list to be notified of planned Prescribed Burns.

The Forest Service will then notify you of planned projects and request your comments for each individual project.

Like I said, don't waste your time on something (petition) that is going into the waste basket. :thumb:

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
A petition is absolutely worthless. If you want to get involved in National Forest Management Plans, then write to the District Ranger or Forest Supervisor and request to have your name placed on the mailing list to be notified of planned Prescribed Burns.

The Forest Service will then notify you of planned projects and request your comments for each individual project.

Like I said, don't waste your time on something (petition) that is going into the waste basket. :thumb:
It sounds like we need to figure out who the Forest Supervisor is then. If someone finds out before me please post it where everyone can get involved.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
I would not worry about a name, just use the title:

Forest Supervisor
Ouachita National Forest
Box 1270, Federal Building
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71902

phone 501-321-5202 or

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/ouachita/
Click on Prescribed Burn Information for a list of burns to be accomplished. Click on the schedule of Proposed Actions.

Ozark - St. Francis National Forest
605 West Main
Russellville, Arkansas 72801

phone 479-964-7200

:thumb:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,488 Posts

Forest Supervisor
Ouachita National Forest

phone 501-321-5202 or

Click on Prescribed Burn Information for a list of burns to be accomplished. Click on the schedule of Proposed Actions.

605 West Main

phone 479-964-7200

Exactly...write these people and tell them to Stop Throwing The Petitions In The Waste Basket!!:up:

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts

Forest Supervisor
Ouachita National Forest

phone 501-321-5202 or

605 West Main

phone 479-964-7200

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Exactly...write these people and tell them to Stop Throwing The Petitions In The Waste Basket!!:up:
John, the great environmentalist from Arkansas, aka Slick Willy, put laws in place to require specific comments on proposed federal projects that effect the environment. These laws tossed the petitions in the waste basket.
The Forest Service has no alternative but to follow the laws passed by Congress and signed by the President. :thumb:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,488 Posts
John, the great environmentalist from Arkansas, aka Slick Willy, put laws in place to require specific comments on proposed federal projects that effect the environment. These laws tossed the petitions in the waste basket.
The Forest Service has no alternative but to follow the laws passed by Congress and signed by the President. :thumb:
Ahhhh, so there is something BC did that GB and his Repugnicans missed in their reversal of all things set forth by the inimitable boy from Hope:confused::fit:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.