Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I am located in south AR and I'm needing around 20 tons of bulk ag lime. The cheapest I have found is 70 bucks a ton with the buggy to spread it. Does anyone know of any cheaper place I can get the lime? maybe from someone who hauls it and will dump it on my property. I have access to a tractor and front end loader, so as long as it was dry, this would work.... Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Where at in South Ark? Cause you can buy lime at Pendleton in bulk and rent a litter buggy from your local soil conservation service to apply the lime. You will have to locate a dump truck locally to haul it and need a tractor with around 80 plus horse power to pull it.Let me know where you are and I may be able to put you in touch with some local haulers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My land is about halfway between Pine Bluff and Warren in Cleveland county... I found it from a guy in Rowell for 70$ a ton with the buggy.... and that may be my best price...just wanted to compare it to make sure I couldnt' save alot using somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Farmers supply on Interstate 30 in Benton across from Brown's Country Restaurant. $56/ton comes with buggy. They have 2 buggies. One hydraulic and the other one is ground driven. 3 week reservation notice.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My land is about halfway between Pine Bluff and Warren in Cleveland county... I found it from a guy in Rowell for 70$ a ton with the buggy.... and that may be my best price...just wanted to compare it to make sure I couldnt' save alot using somewhere else.
That sounds high to me, I paid $23.00/ton delivered to Pine Bluff from Batesville about 2 years ago and then rented a litter spreader from Jefferson County for $100 and I spread 20 tons in one afternoon. Theres a guy at Rison named Virgil Turner that is hauling some for a buddy of mine and I will get his number and find out a current price delivered.I will get back ASAP!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I heard that there is guy a from Cabot with a custom lime application business that will haul and spread the lime for $31.00/ton. THe most current price for the lime at Arkansas Lime in Batesville was $5.25/ton plus freight which usually run between $17 and $21/ton. That lime price may be a couple of weeks old and may have changed a little since then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, thanks for all the help. Im trying to get some pretty good size food plots ready to be planted for next season. Yall have a good one. Zach
i purchased 3 tons of lime march 20 at Oakley's in Beebe for $20 a ton and hauled it on a trailer with a metal floor then spread it with a pto spreader on back of tractor last weekend on future foodplots

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you put it in the spreader by hand? Also, how did that PTO spreader do spreading it.
we got soil samples on 4 seperate small plots.we put out bulk ag lime with 10 percent more bagged pelletized lime.pelletized lime will work immediate while ag lime will take a while but will last a couple years longer and alot cheaper.. we had to use a 3 point pto spreader because they are remote areas. it worked ok on a calm day about 550 lbs at a time.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
I hope your land is on the east side of Hwy. 63 so "our" deer get to benefit from it too...just kiddin'. :bigwink:

I've been a member of Rowell Hunting Club since 1977. :thumb:

.270Win

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m going to resurrect a really old thread here. I just moved to pine bluff ans I need to find bulk lime for my pastures. Any new current information on where to get it? Need 20 tons

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.