Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015
3,227 Posts
Always wanted to do that, but hadn't so far. Like you said you always see plenty of deer on that stretch. My favorite part of the river. Floated that area quite a few times.

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
I floated it turkey hunting in 2007. Didnt hear many birds, actually heard nothing we could get to. We tried to get to them... I can tell you that it is some rough country!
I think it would definitely be a neat hunt. The wilderness alone would be worth it. However, I dont think you would be alone. Sounds like there are quite a few hunters that motor up from the White. However, in that rough country, it shouldnt be too hard to get away from them. Everybody I've talked to says the hunting is pretty tough too. The deer densities cannot be all that thick in that wilderness.

·
3,605 Posts
We hunt that area on mules (four legged) and I love it.
We don't see many deer, but we don't see any other hunters either.

It is tough country to hunt. The deer always seem to run to the bottom after the shot. You better be in great shape or have a pack animal to get them out of there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.