Budsgunshop transfer fees!

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by factory909, Dec 3, 2012.

1. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

I go in today to pick up a pistol I had ordered from impact guns, and the place where I do my business had a sign up that read: $40 transfer fees to budsgunshop customers, instead of the normal $25. The lady said a lot of the shops are doing this. Anyone else notice this?

2. AR Thumper

AR Thumper Well-Known Member

Camden
    $40 seems kinda high, but it is his shop & he makes the rules.:shrug:

3. poke_53

poke_53 Well-Known Member

My guy charges $20 from wherever. Sounds like local shops are tired of Buds kicking their butts in pricing. But it is the owners shop and his/her prices. Atleast it's not $50 or $75 like a couple places in the Little Rock area

4. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    You probably hit the nail on the head.

5. factory909

Yea she said we can't compete with their prices and 90-95% of their transfers was from buds. The way she talked, every gun store was going to up there buds transfer price, just seeing if anyone else noticed. It's a great shop, and the price increase won't deter me, I'll just order from impact guns!

6. Mr BS

Mr BS Well-Known Member

Gun shop my little brother works for in MS charges higher for guns from buds because of that reason. I think he said they charge around $75 for buds transfers. His boss doesn't like buds.

7. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    Heck of a note that the gun shops punish their customers because they can't compete. Looks like their attitude is "I'll get MY money one way or another."

8. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

Transfer takes what, 15 minutes max? I'd take all Buds wanted to send me at $20 a pop.

9. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
  10. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it here, but I have not checked into it really either. We have a base facebook page and their is an FFL owner that wants a ridiculous amount for some cheap AR lowers. When people pointed out to him how much they go for, he gave them the spill about FFL transfers, and S&H. While I do understand all of that, he is still charging $50-$75 per FFL transfer, and that's not counting S&H to AK. If I had an FFL, and could make a few extra bucks doing FFL transfers from Buds, gunbroker, etc. I think I would.

11. Revnate

Revnate Well-Known Member

Fordyce
    My guy once told me he makes a large portion of his income on transfers. He's a pawnbroker, so might be a little different situation in terms of competition.
    He charges me $10 when he's in a bad mood and $5 on a good day.
    My first Bud's order is due to arrive tomorrow.

12. Grizzly16

Grizzly16 Well-Known Member

I'm kind of torn on it. It is like a small grocer when walmart moves in next door. It has to be darn frustrating to see them selling stuff for below your cost on items and still making a profit. Add sales tax to that and it gets even worse. A $500 local gun + tax compared to the same gun shipped free for $450 from out of state with no tax makes it real hard to buy local.

13. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
  14. factory909

I bought my first gun 10 years ago, and the fee was still $25 then, I don't think I ever seen a $10 transfer fee, lucky dawgs!!

15. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    MR 2 Gun and Machine, West Fork $10 up to 6 guns

Fayetteville Firearms $15. up to 6 guns

16. tony r

tony r Well-Known Member

ya when it cost dealer $450 when he gets thru paying to get it shipped to him then has to collect tax & then do paper work to send money to state

17. Mbpike

Mbpike Well-Known Member

I transfer all my stuff to a guy on here named Hotguns. He does not play the stupid games...

18. Ekspurt

Ekspurt Well-Known Member

I think Wildman Arms and Outfitters in Alexander charges $15 or $20.

19. Revnate

Revnate Well-Known Member

Fordyce
    I picked up my order from Bud's at the local shop today. The nice lady told me $5. I gave her $10. She said that would cover the 2 transfers coming in tomorrow too. :cool: