Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Super Member<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got back from the Bucksnort Invitational, it was definitely something different. Anyone who thinks they can shoot needs to try themselves out on this course, its very challenging and fun to shoot. This was my first trip up there and I will definitely be back. I won in the unlimited division which was shocking, I feel like I shot pretty well given the course but I never figured that I'd pull off a win there especially since it was my first trip up there. I generally struggle shooting in hills and I did struggle a bit but not as bad as usual. It was a great shoot and Clarence puts on a great event, Thanks Clarence

P.S. I didn't loose any arrows!!!!! I did miss 1 target but it was the bonus so it didn't hurt me, if your going to miss one, that'd be the one to miss HA HA HA! Everybody had told me to bring extra arrows for this one and there were several people that needed the extras.

· Registered
4,034 Posts
Great shooting Ozark! 'Ol Mudshark is for sure a sadistic son of a gun when he sets up a 3D course :biggrin:. If you shoot anywhere around even at Bucksnort you will be in contention.

Hate I didn't get to make it. Was there a pretty good turnout?

hd

991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the turnout was way lower than expected. I think there were somewhere around 50 shooters is all. I'd have to say that anywhere around even would be better than normal shooting, it was tough tough. I have a scope on my bow and I tell you what, there were probably 10 or so targets that I was just shooting at an outline because of the shade/sun. It made for a heck of a challenge. It made seeing the scoring rings impossible on several of the targets which means shooting blind and gettin lucky but it made it fun to.
I really don't know why the turnout was so low, I talked to 12 people that said they were going and only 1 of them showed up. I'll be back there next month barring any unplanned events.

991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It may have been the last tournament there this year, I just heard someone talking about the next tournament there, they might not have known it was the last, I don't know.

I could only imagine shooting a back tension there, it would be interesting.

991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep possum, I checkeed out the schedule myself, no more shoots scheduled. Guess I'll have to wait till next year. At least it looks like there is an invitational just about every weekend from here on out though somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.