Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched an 8 pt chase some does that were in front of me this afternoon. He chased them into the woods, then they came back out. He decided to take a little break and visit the feeder where the does had been. I'd been waiting for a biggun for that last tag, and he wasn't a real biggun, but to be honest, I'm about to get tired of sittin and seeing very little. Besides, I could practice for next year's 4pt rule:biggrin: Okay, let's just end it now. The deer was a bit too far to the right for a right handed crossbow shot, so I thought I could stretch it a little bit. Wrong---I missed at about 20 steps! The deer all ran into the woods. Frustrated, I started to get down, but decided since it wasn't quite dark yet, I might as well stay the last 20 minutes or so. I reloaded and sat there. Wasn't long, and here come the deer back out---with the same buck following. I had doubts that I had hit him anyway, and it wasn't hard to see that he had no signs of a hit. He wouldn't come in quite as close as I wanted, but he just stood there broadside at about 32 steps. I've taken deer that far with a crossbow before, so I thought, what he heck--- fling another arrow at him. I did, and missed again!!! Okay, it's time to get down now. Nothing on either arrow but mud on the broadhead. A really interesting afternoon hunt, especially considering I didn't even get in the stand until about 4:20. HalfCredit fared a little better. He took a doe this afternoon:thumb:

Oh yeah---I did check my crossbow scope when I got back home. It's still zeroed in just right. Sometimes I just have to laugh at myself!:fit:

·
Registered
365 Posts
You probably didn't spook him too bad. I missed a doe 3 times with a muzzloader and still got her:smack:
First shot, cap messed up and I'm sitting there peeling it off with a knife like a bannana, I put another cap on and then just the cap pops like a .22 but the gun didn't fire, I'm about to put another cap on the gun and then the gun goes off like 20 seconds after the cap fired. So I'm sitting there reloading everything and the deer is circling around to other side looking at me. Then next shot I gut shot it while it was running off.:smack:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.