Bucks Shedding Antlers

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by born2hunt, Jan 7, 2011.

1. born2hunt

born2hunt Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get photos on my game camers of bucks that have already shed their antlers. Is anyone else seeing this?

2. unfortunetly yes I have.

3. jhw

jhw Well-Known Member

They started showing up on the ESPN game camera the first week of Dec. Two of them were missing one antler.

4. Whiskey River

Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

None yet. Had about 7 different bucks in the past week that all had both sides still attached.

5. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

I checked my camera yesterday and had one grown buck that had shed both and one with one side missing.

6. firehunter

firehunter Well-Known Member

sheds

As of earlier in the week I had one 6 point that had shed one side. The rest were all still intact. Total of about 8 different bucks

7. ruger08

ruger08 Well-Known Member

checked camera last night and looks like they still have both sides.

8. bhays

bhays Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O

I was off Tuesday of the Christmas hunt. I went out after work Monday night to check a camera and put out a little feed to hunt Tuesday. Pulled up and there was a shed from the buck I was gonna hunt right where I'd been feeding them!:smack: So, yep, I know he shed for sure. That was the 27th and I had a few smaller bucks that had shed earlier the week before.

9. Whiskey River

Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

I checked two cameras today. Had 9 different bucks since Friday, and all still had both sides attached. :shrug: