Buckingham Flats

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by jjarvis0007, Dec 14, 2010.

1. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

A few of us are planning on heading down there on Friday. Was wondering if anybodys been down there? I expect it to be a foot race and crowded but is it worth it is the question?

2. derk8586

derk8586 Well-Known Member

ive heard about the crowd down there lately. pretty bad from what i hear. and i wud say yes on the foot race. good luck! some of the better killin action has been up blueline. go figure.:smack:

3. Ole Stumpy

Ole Stumpy Well-Known Member

Foot Race would be your best bet. You better have a mud motor if you plan on going anywhere else. Unless I've missed some recent rain that we've had, good luck finding much water.

4. Go into Buckingham from the southside not the northside.

Trust me. If you don't believe me ask Mac. :smack: :fit:

5. bigmac7825

bigmac7825 Well-Known Member

No ducks and better have a boat. The water will be gone by then.

6. jjarvis0007

No water in Buckingham? Are y'all sure you went in the right way. As far as I know you couldn't get a boat in there? Just thought the ditch ran back around to the levee that splits cannon brake and B Flats?

7. qwack smacker 1on1

qwack smacker 1on1 Well-Known Member

are you sure?????

8. jjarvis0007

No! That's why I was hoping someone could fill me in. That's a heck of a deep ditch to get into buckingham flats. I've always walked in all the way back.

9. bigmac7825

bigmac7825 Well-Known Member

The water is dropping fast in the timber where I hunted yesterday morning and the only shooting was by some people that boated in.

10. qwack smacker 1on1

well lets go walk in this weekend i dont have a hunting partner this weekend...

11. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

I wouldn't waste my time anywhere at the metro. No water and no ducks!!

12. qwack smacker 1on1

:rolleyes:

13. Matthew.loftis

Matthew.loftis Well-Known Member

I went to Buckingham last weekend. There's water; you'll have to walk. We tried to boat around from Wrape and got stopped before the levees d/t some felled trees blocking the bayou. We turned around and went back, tied the boat off and walked in the handicapped access road. Saw a few ducks. Some folks beside us killed a few. There was quite a bit of people that parked at wrape but most of them got there well after 4a. If you get there early, you should have time to find water. You'll have to get off the beaten path... way off. Good luck to ya. :up:

ps. there's Never No ducks at the metro!

14. ffinman

ffinman Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Me and Big Mac went ther yesterday and didn't even get a group to work! Your gonna to hafta do ALOT of walking to find water. Good luck to ya whatever you decide to do.

15. GreenTimber

GreenTimber Well-Known Member

Make sure you dont go in there before 4am, might already be somebody in green jeans waiting on ya, if you do Jack me nimble jack be quick. :biggrin:

Tell the other 42 trucks/2 boats/3 bicycles-12 groups-87 people I said hello.:fit:

16. Matthew.loftis

A bicycle would be perfect... pulling a custom natgear radio flyer w/ mud-grip dolly tires.

17. qwack smacker 1on1

:clap::fit:

18. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

If you want to shoot a squealer or two then go ahead with the headache!

19. Matthew.loftis

saw a bunch this last weekend... also saw a bunch of sky-bustin'

20. jjarvis0007

Getting married on Saturday otherwise I would. I'll be down there next week scouting out a few spots around that area. Heading to Casscoe this friday to private land on the White to kill a few before I take the death march on Saturday.