Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard great things from all of these and i have witnessed deer eating Cmere Deer and lickin on some deer cane..I was just wondering if anyone has done any kind of experiment like putting all 4 or whatever down and putting a game camera up to see which works best. If anyone has past experience with these products please let me know!

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
OK I'm going to save ya'll a lot of money here. LISTEN and I mean LISTEN there is nothing that attacts deer better than the following Acorns, corn, soybeans, ricebran, honeysuckle, Persimmions, and varieous grasses, lugemes, and clover.

DO NOT BUY ANY GIMICS THEY DO NOT WORK

·
Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2
6,193 Posts
OK I'm going to save ya'll a lot of money here. LISTEN and I mean LISTEN there is nothing that attacts deer better than the following Acorns, corn, soybeans, ricebran, honeysuckle, Persimmions, and varieous grasses, lugemes, and clover.

You left powdered gatorade off the list. :wink:

·
Registered
5,704 Posts

X2 hunt an oak patch, plant a foodplot or invest in a big bag of ricebran.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Actually, last Sunday we put out a pile of cmere deer, rice bran and corn. We will see the results this weekend. I only had out rice bran last week and had two bucks and several does eat it up!!!!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
There are too many variables to make a broad statement like that. "They do not work." They all work at some place and time. The deer on my place took to rice bran immediately while a friend of mine can't get the deer on his place to touch it. The deer on his place love sweet grain while mine will have nothing to do with it. There is no magic solution however I do agree that acorns are the most constant producer that I have ever heard of.:thumb:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I have had good luck with sweet feed. I use it at the start of every season to get the deer to my feeder. I have put just conr out, and it takes them a while to find it, put the sweet feed out, and they are there in a short time.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Acorn Rage is roasted acorns and soybeans, all ground up together!!

I tried some last year, and had deer walk past c'mere deer & corn mixture to hit the Acorn rage.....they stood there and ate it all up...then left...and returned 45 minutes to an hour later, to hit it again, but he had eaten all of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of the young bucks even came back a 3rd time looking for it!!!!! It was poured out, in a small green food plot!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Acorn Rage is roasted acorns and soybeans, all ground up together!!

I tried some last year, and had deer walk past c'mere deer & corn mixture to hit the Acorn rage.....they stood there and ate it all up...then left...and returned 45 minutes to an hour later, to hit it again, but he had eaten all of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of the young bucks even came back a 3rd time looking for it!!!!! It was poured out, in a small green food plot!!!
You are right, i think there is also rice bran in acorn rage even though they don't list it. I have been feeding a mix of rice bran and soybean meal all summer and they eat it up then they start on the corn. You can get soybean meal for about $17.00 for a 50 pound bag and a 50 pound bag of rice bran for $8.50 mix those together and save alot of $$. The only thing different is the soybean meal is not ground up as fine, you can always grab up some white oak acorns and throw in.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Up till hunting season I have had my best luck with Deer cain blocks. I like using the blocks better because it does not have to have the right soil like you have to have with the powder. Once you get a spot going keep it stocked year round. In early spring I have had them go through one 4 lb block about every 2 to 3 weeks then they slow down using it closer to deer season, but will still visit the site.

·
Member<br>2009 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<b
163 Posts
Nothing beats just plain old corn............At least around my set ups...........That is, until the white Oaks begin to fall. Then nothing will work much until all the White Oak Acorns are gone.

I always just set my stands and feeders in a good stand of White Oaks and I am set.

If you want to mess up a chance at old Mister Big Buck, Just dump a bag of new fang-dangled Deer lure around your area the day before you want to hunt. Nothing will put him on alert quicker than a new smell in the area. Doe and young'ns might come check it out, but that big Buck will shy away for a few days and when he does finally come in it will be at night.

If you are lucky enough to be close to your area to put a little bit out each day and give them some time to get used to it then it could work but my experience with these gimmicks is you see mostly Does and Fawns with a young Buck every so often.

Even with todays high prices nothing will give you the most for your dollars than a bag of corn.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.