Arkansas Hunting banner

Buck of a lifetime

14K views 64 replies 44 participants last post by  woodsman84 
#1 ·
Mammal Vertebrate Dog Canidae Dog breed
Grass Tree Soil Canidae Photography
My buddy killed a lifetime buck this morning. Going to have a full body mount done. Central Arkansas area.

See less See more
#7 ·
Ask your buddy to look for a bullet wound on the deers right side. Maybe leg, brisket area, front of the shoulder. I pulled the trigger on this deer on the 2nd day of muzzeloader season this year. Scope ring screw was actually sheered off and I didnt know it. Gun shot 9" right. I had just a few drops of blood. Luckily I got photos of him the very next week. Im glad your buddy is getting a full body mount done. He is an awesome deer. Between my dad, my brother, and myself we have a ton of photos of this deer. My brother actually had him at 20 yards last year and elected to pass on him.

#12 ·
Deer Wildlife Tree Reindeer White-tailed deer
Deer Wildlife Tree Reindeer White-tailed deer
Mammal Deer Wildlife Reindeer Antler
Sounds like Green Head Getter knows this deer. My buddy was told he's been on camera for four years. Not a very big buck for four years old (130 pounds, 16ish spread) but certainly unique. No obvious wounds or marks on the skin. My buddy shot him with a BLR in .7-08 at about 75 yards. His right ear is tattered. Old injury, fully healed, maybe fighting or tangled with fence? Left eye was a little clouded, like the start of a cataract. In good physical condition, no injuries, testicles normal, no tumors. Here's a couple more pics.

#13 ·
Yes sir. Dude was a fighter. That right ear had 2 big cuts out of it. Ive heard piebald bucks tend to be shorter and generally dont get big racks. For whatever reason. I still for the life of me cant figure out where I hit him left. Just enough for about 20 drops of blood. Must have just barely barely grazed him. It was on October 20th. Cant wait to see pics of the full body mount. That deer deserves it. So cool
View attachment 213480 View attachment 213480 View attachment 213482 Sounds like Green Head Getter knows this deer. My buddy was told he's been on camera for four years. Not a very big buck for four years old (130 pounds, 16ish spread) but certainly unique. No obvious wounds or marks on the skin. My buddy shot him with a BLR in .7-08 at about 75 yards. His right ear is tattered. Old injury, fully healed, maybe fighting or tangled with fence? Left eye was a little clouded, like the start of a cataract. In good physical condition, no injuries, testicles normal, no tumors. Here's a couple more pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.