Arkansas Hunting banner

Buck fight to the death..yikes

3K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  NCFD#8 
#1 ·
#10 ·
I just don't like to waste an animal. I've spent more time looking for deer hit by cars than most people would look for a booner buck. If I decide to shot an animal I owe it to that animal to exhaust every avenue to find it. Its just how I was taught when I started hunting.

Its not that we eat that many deer its just the principal of it. We only eat about 3 a year after that if me or the kids kill anymore they go to someone else. I have several older folks I try to give some meat to every year.

It also burns me up to here someone says they shot one and hit it. But didn't have time to look good for it.

#11 ·
We found a nice 8 point killed in a fight near Doddridge once.

The ground around him looked like a plowed field and he was beaten to pulp.

He was gored from end to end and the hair was worn thin in some places where the winner kept at him after he was down.

Might not be the best table fare.

#17 ·
Three things: 1) I have never seen two bucks fight to the death and that was awesome; 2) The guy is an idiot for not harvesting the little buck that obviously was either dead or wounded so bad that a quicker death would have been more humane...to me, not doing so is worthy of a game and fish charge of wonton waste and he should have his license stripped for a few years for having done it, maybe then he would learn his lesson then; and finally, 3) I also think the guy was wrong and is a butt hole for not getting his butt out of that stand and following the deer he shot...wait for tomorrow?...seriously?...what kind of a hunter is he...certainly not one I would respect...and then have the lack of brains and put that video on the web of him making bad hunting choices and making animal huggers hate us worse? What a pitiful fool he is...

#18 ·
Three things: 1) I have never seen two bucks fight to the death and that was awesome; 2) The guy is an idiot for not harvesting the little buck that obviously was either dead or wounded so bad that a quicker death would have been more humane...to me, not doing so is worthy of a game and fish charge of wonton waste and he should have his license stripped for a few years for having done it, maybe then he would learn his lesson then; and finally, 3) I also think the guy was wrong and is a butt hole for not getting his butt out of that stand and following the deer he shot...wait for tomorrow?...seriously?...what kind of a hunter is he...certainly not one I would respect...and then have the lack of brains and put that video on the web of him making bad hunting choices and making animal huggers hate us worse? What a pitiful fool he is...
To think a guy should be fined and have his license pulled for years for what nature does is crazy IMO.

#19 ·
WOW REALLY!!! Number one you dont know anything about bowhunting or you would know you dont just go after a fresh shot deer, a lot of times you will just run him off and prolong the agony. I'ts much more humane to let him die in peace withoput pushing him farther away. Number two why should he get a ticket for letting nature take its course he didnt do anything wrong he just observed nature and shared with us. number three I think it's awesome he put that on here for us to see and enjoy, he did nothing wrong at all.

#20 ·
WOW REALLY!!! Number one you dont know anything about bowhunting or you would know you dont just go after a fresh shot deer, a lot of times you will just run him off and prolong the agony. I'ts much more humane to let him die in peace withoput pushing him farther away. Number two why should he get a ticket for letting nature take its course he didnt do anything wrong he just observed nature and shared with us. number three I think it's awesome he put that on here for us to see and enjoy, he did nothing wrong at all.
X2. I wish I could come across something like this sometime in my life when I have a camera handy. Great footage.

#21 ·
If it had happened in the wild and he didn't know anything about it is one thing...totally another to know about it and not harvest it is plain stupid and then to film not harvesting it is the wonton waste when there are plenty of people out there who would appreciate the meat...duh! Lastly, I know hunting and if you watch the video close and listen, the bow shot had the deer nearly dead and it was clearly about 4pm...the deer wasn't going off far. To forget about it till the next day is the irresponsible thing I was speaking of...apparently you've never heard of following blood trail and harvest a deer when it isn't as stiff as concrete like that deer was in the video the next day...another duh! He was stupid from the beginning of the video until the end. I would have liked it more if he had just edited the video to include the fight and left out the other part but that's just my opinion. The fight was interesting and neat to watch...the deer was a wall hanger...I just didn't care for his hunting behavior and wouldn't be someone I would hunt with...nothing personal just not responsible IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.