Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I would have recovered the buck that was killed by the other buck, instead of letting the coyotes have it!

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
RKH- That was the same thing I was thinking. I would have looked for it as soon as the deer he shot cleared the field.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
I just don't like to waste an animal. I've spent more time looking for deer hit by cars than most people would look for a booner buck. If I decide to shot an animal I owe it to that animal to exhaust every avenue to find it. Its just how I was taught when I started hunting.

Its not that we eat that many deer its just the principal of it. We only eat about 3 a year after that if me or the kids kill anymore they go to someone else. I have several older folks I try to give some meat to every year.

It also burns me up to here someone says they shot one and hit it. But didn't have time to look good for it.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
We found a nice 8 point killed in a fight near Doddridge once.

The ground around him looked like a plowed field and he was beaten to pulp.

He was gored from end to end and the hair was worn thin in some places where the winner kept at him after he was down.

Might not be the best table fare.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
We found a nice 8 point killed in a fight near Doddridge once.

The ground around him looked like a plowed field and he was beaten to pulp.

He was gored from end to end and the hair was worn thin in some places where the winner kept at him after he was down.

Might not be the best table fare.
tenderized

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
That was pretty insane. Sadly, I found a monster 10 point last year in Garland county that had been shot in the side. By the time I found it, it was bloated and had buzzards overhead (that's actually how I found it to begin with)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Three things: 1) I have never seen two bucks fight to the death and that was awesome; 2) The guy is an idiot for not harvesting the little buck that obviously was either dead or wounded so bad that a quicker death would have been more humane...to me, not doing so is worthy of a game and fish charge of wonton waste and he should have his license stripped for a few years for having done it, maybe then he would learn his lesson then; and finally, 3) I also think the guy was wrong and is a butt hole for not getting his butt out of that stand and following the deer he shot...wait for tomorrow?...seriously?...what kind of a hunter is he...certainly not one I would respect...and then have the lack of brains and put that video on the web of him making bad hunting choices and making animal huggers hate us worse? What a pitiful fool he is...

·
Super Moderator
13,957 Posts
Three things: 1) I have never seen two bucks fight to the death and that was awesome; 2) The guy is an idiot for not harvesting the little buck that obviously was either dead or wounded so bad that a quicker death would have been more humane...to me, not doing so is worthy of a game and fish charge of wonton waste and he should have his license stripped for a few years for having done it, maybe then he would learn his lesson then; and finally, 3) I also think the guy was wrong and is a butt hole for not getting his butt out of that stand and following the deer he shot...wait for tomorrow?...seriously?...what kind of a hunter is he...certainly not one I would respect...and then have the lack of brains and put that video on the web of him making bad hunting choices and making animal huggers hate us worse? What a pitiful fool he is...
To think a guy should be fined and have his license pulled for years for what nature does is crazy IMO.

·
Banned
1,259 Posts
WOW REALLY!!! Number one you dont know anything about bowhunting or you would know you dont just go after a fresh shot deer, a lot of times you will just run him off and prolong the agony. I'ts much more humane to let him die in peace withoput pushing him farther away. Number two why should he get a ticket for letting nature take its course he didnt do anything wrong he just observed nature and shared with us. number three I think it's awesome he put that on here for us to see and enjoy, he did nothing wrong at all.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
WOW REALLY!!! Number one you dont know anything about bowhunting or you would know you dont just go after a fresh shot deer, a lot of times you will just run him off and prolong the agony. I'ts much more humane to let him die in peace withoput pushing him farther away. Number two why should he get a ticket for letting nature take its course he didnt do anything wrong he just observed nature and shared with us. number three I think it's awesome he put that on here for us to see and enjoy, he did nothing wrong at all.
X2. I wish I could come across something like this sometime in my life when I have a camera handy. Great footage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts