Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
the easy bark is a good call, i personally like the original and the colt 45 more but thats just me. if you are just getting into cutdown calliing its a great investment.... me and my buddy killed 2 limits yesterday over a colt 45 and a easy bark

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
btw that guy called me the day he shipped it and apoligized to me because it wasnt goin to be here in time for christmas im pretty sure that i'll be doin more buisness with him

·
Registered
879 Posts
btw that guy called me the day he shipped it and apoligized to me because it wasnt goin to be here in time for christmas im pretty sure that i'll be doin more buisness with him
spencer is first class when it comes to dealing with people. i have talked to him several times and he has allways done anything he could to help me out.... i just got one of them slick acrylic barrels for my origional and i really like it too...

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'll second that. Spencer replaced my original for free because of an insert imperfection and barrel of my colt 45 because it cracked severely. He is a great guy. The easy bark is a great starter call for learing to blow a cutdown but my favorite hands down is the colt 45.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you can also try the uncut....it's a great call @ a great price if you want to try and modify it yourself. spencer will talk all day about cutting calls and you can buy different reeds and have a ton of options to tune the call for YOU to run....if that's your cup o' tea!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just got the call in and its the 1st cutdown i've ever had and WOW i rang my ears blowin that thing so loud and still sounded ducky. Any tips on gettin loud with out havin to blow out bits of lung?

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
I cut my reed down just a bit in that colt 45 b/c I'm used to blowing a KM. I caught myself squeaking that Colt 45 a little. Opened up the ends and trimmed the reed... now it's much harder for me to squeak.

Sounds good and squealy <=====if that's how you spell it.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
spencer is a first class guy. He builds a great call. For me the original is the way to go. Had to get used to using it and took a few days to get the hang of it. Still aint got it perfected but that cutdown is deadly and yes I got pics to prove it. I dont hunt private land it is all public timber and it will turn them and put them at your feet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts