Browning Silver Chamber Jammed

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by CrappieMaster220, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CrappieMaster220

CrappieMaster220 Well-Known Member

Got a new Browning Silver for Xmas, However when I got it out of the box the chamber is jammed up pretty good... It looks like it was released without the barrel on the gun.... I'm going to take it back to Ft. Thompson when I get a chance to get them to fix it but I'd like to go hunting Tomorrow morning and would love to use the new gun... If anyone here can give me any pointers on how to get this baby working I would greatly appreciate it.

2. 10pointman

10pointman Waterfowl forum Sheriff<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Co Staff Member

Take a rubber handled screwdriver and rap the bolt/bolt handle with it a few times.Other than that,Borrow a gun from a buddy and then take the gun back to where you bought it.

3. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Yea, I'd look everything over real close and see if something isn't hung just a little. Probably not going to be a big thing, may be as simple as looking at the right spot.

4. CrappieMaster220

I've got another gun to use, just wanna play with the new toy!

Yeah it looks like it might be wedged in there just didnt wanna go yanking and banging on something I'm not familiar with..

I'll give it a try though...

5. CrappieMaster220

Alright, after looking at it... The bolt is jammed above the nub that comes off the sleeve bar... Is there a way to remove the sleeve bar?

6. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Without taking a close look at it I'm not sure. Might be better to let Ft Thompson take a look at it. You sure don't want to bend or damage anything.

7. CrappieMaster220

Yeah that's what I was beginning to think... :smack:

8. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Probly gonna be in the shell lift....see if you can work your fingers in the bottom and press the sides to see if wone of the leaf springs are locking it. could also be a rocker lever, like the magazine stop.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  9. CrappieMaster220

The Bolt is jammed above the little knob that comes off the sleeve.

10. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

It's a sign of trouble never had any luck out of brownings always jamming up but nice gun good luck.